No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hogs at Granger are smart. They sit around their camp just figuring out ways to fools you...
    Attached Files

Comment

I was wondering what happen to my cooler!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
        Well they are kinda white. They are pool noodle and pvc that look like a barbell. Wind the string up in the middle. Really small so I can carry 18 per milk crate on my kayak. They have one wrap of tape of white duck tape per side of barbell. The inside face of each one is the color of the noodle as well as the outside face. So for a long answer..... Hope you understand my kindergarden discription. He was checking juglines. He actually called me friday to let me know that the date was missing on some of them.
        ok cool thanks for the heads up, the tag only needs your name and home adress and date how did he get your phone number?

Comment

man I had it all on it. Guess it was a good thing cause he called me instead of pulling up all my jugs and keeping them. Put a bit of time and work into them. A little money with the trot line clips, stainless hooks and homemade leaders.

All I ended up with was a clam. yes a clam. It closed down on my circle hook on one of my old jugs I bought. Did you have any better luck with them? I want to go put them out again. My dumb *** just figured out you can buy a year pass to any corp park for 30 bucks. Going everyday 4 bucks a day plus diesel was getting high. Glad the old man told me the 3rd day. Wish i would of known during crappie season.

Comment

Anyone having any lucky lately? I have hunted the spillway a few time but haven't been able to bag anything. Man... been seeing some good deer out there.

Found someones camp site out there last time I went. I thought I read that camping was illegal??

Comment

It is illegal. Was there anyone home? Only legal camp is fox bottom or one of the parks.

Comment

do pigs like the thunderstorms and cool front? thinking of heading out tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

Yeah, i was thinking it was. Didnt see anyone but it looked like someone had been there recently. There was food and cans layin around.. saw some magazines and newspapers. There was a firepit too.

Comment

Originally posted by Austinhunter30 View Post
                    Yeah, i was thinking it was. Didnt see anyone but it looked like someone had been there recently. There was food and cans layin around.. saw some magazines and newspapers. There was a firepit too.
                    where at Pecan unit?

Comment

Originally posted by viper3853 View Post
                      do pigs like the thunderstorms and cool front? thinking of heading out tomorrow afternoon.
                      Was wondering the same thing. Thinking about going out in the morning.

Comment

Viper I think the cool weather gets them moving. And right after a rain you can easily see fresh tracks. Since they dont have sweat glans the cool weather gets them moving looking for food.

Comment

Sold!! im heading out tomorrow after work!!
                          i know theres coyotes out there anyone have any luck trying to get one? i wanna try calling one in and taking it down with a shotgun.

Comment

You guys are tempting me, I just might sneak up there with my hammock and put the sneak on some Nike wearing Granger Hogs. Found a couple spots with longarrow that need to be looked at again.

Comment

went out yesterday after work, tried calling in some coyotes with no luck and then ended up stalking a pig in the weeds for ten minutes that turned out to be an armadillo!! those dam things are loud in the weeds!! the cool front didnt move in til about 9:30ish right after i left, dunno if there was any rain with it. had fun being out there though, it had been a while.

Comment

Went out to San Gabriel this morning. The trails were freshly mowed which was nice. Saw some old hog sign but nothing too new. Stalked up onto a spike and got to 20 and pulled back. Was nice to know that I could get a shot at something bigger than the two skunks or snake that I saw.

Comment

Working...
                                X