Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
    Clean em quick and they dont get funky on the inside. But pigs are funky on the outside all year round.
    Thanks. They said the funky was the taste - something about a more musky taste in the summer. But I'll go for it and see. Thanks again.

Here piggy, piggy....

Comment

Take a cooler along, clean em quick and pack ice inside to avoid the funkiness.

Comment

Will do - thanks. Now I just gotta figure out where they are and how to get a shot on but it shouldn't be too different that other hunting right? Walk, look, repeat. Once sign is found - stalk, look/listen, repeat until a shot is found. Sound about right?

Comment

Hogs at Granger are not like other hogs they are so heavily pressured they run, or trot almost everywere. PhD level hof hunting for sure. Just seeing a hog at Granger is a treat getting an arrow at one is good, hitting one and bringing it home is something to celebrate indeed. The more time you can put into it the better.

Comment

anybody heading with this weather? im thinking of going today or tomorrrow after work

Comment

shoot me a pm maybe we can head out

Comment

Finally got out to Granger for the first time ever Monday, mid-morning till about 3:00. Really cool place! Saw several deer and found a fresh wallow. You will definately get some execise out there! Loved it!

Comment

Anyone ever see any large shiny green birds out at granger. Twice the size of a turkey I would guess. I am guessing a peacock. I was paddling along the bank picking up juglines sunday between the two boat ramps at taylor park. I noticed this pretty shiny green behind this log and brush. I dont move my paddle after that and float right up to 4 big shiny green birds walking around on the shore. When I got to close they jumped/flew up to the next level of the shore line. And slowly walked into the brush. This was 150 200 yards from the boat ramp. Talked to a GW and he thought I was crazy. I think. But man it was clear as day and l was so close to them. I know what I had seen.

Comment

Good eatin' and feathers for fletching that will be real pretty.

Comment

Really eat them? never would of thought. Is it leagal to take one in the wild on public land? There were four of them and hung out in twos. I am pretty sure they are breeding. Wonder how far they move in a day

Comment

Prolly would be considered exotics. No regular season. Ask the GW. Taste similar to turkey, but a bit sweeter.

Comment

Ifigure it aint on the list dont arrow it.

Comment

haven't gone to Granger since last year. Seem nothing get better at Granger at all? I know that I hadn't check forum for a quite time. Need to make time to check this forum time to time!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                              Anyone ever see any large shiny green birds out at granger. Twice the size of a turkey I would guess. I am guessing a peacock. I was paddling along the bank picking up juglines sunday between the two boat ramps at taylor park. I noticed this pretty shiny green behind this log and brush. I dont move my paddle after that and float right up to 4 big shiny green birds walking around on the shore. When I got to close they jumped/flew up to the next level of the shore line. And slowly walked into the brush. This was 150 200 yards from the boat ramp. Talked to a GW and he thought I was crazy. I think. But man it was clear as day and l was so close to them. I know what I had seen.
                              Dirtymike where your jugs white, I am asking because you mentioned you saw the GW was wondering if you had jugs a color other than white and if so did he say anything to you? I ask because they are suppose to be white and I have some that are not I am planning on painting them though.

Comment

Well they are kinda white. They are pool noodle and pvc that look like a barbell. Wind the string up in the middle. Really small so I can carry 18 per milk crate on my kayak. They have one wrap of tape of white duck tape per side of barbell. The inside face of each one is the color of the noodle as well as the outside face. So for a long answer..... Hope you understand my kindergarden discription. He was checking juglines. He actually called me friday to let me know that the date was missing on some of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X