"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
    Was thinking about planning a different hunting trip to granger and I need yalls help. Have yall seen any dewberry bushes? My baby girl loves them and at our place in vic they are just aint there this year. Too dry maybe? Anyhow if you know of a unit with them save me some time a fuel and let me in on it.
    Mike I have seen lots of bushes along the river but there is no fruit on them this year not sure why.

Muzzy100

Comment

arrow

Hey Muzzy, i was looking through my phone and found that picture of the arrow i was hold and had the muzzy head. I was able to blow it up on my phone and found it was a Storm, not a Beaman like i thought.

Comment

Guess the lack of rain. Same thing in victoria. I was meaning to get ahold of you. Lets go set some jug lines?

Comment

hey muzzy had a blast fishing with ya'll monday.they went today and caught 75 crappie.beat us by 7,will get em next time.nice piggie.

Comment

Originally posted by Team me View Post
            Hey Muzzy, i was looking through my phone and found that picture of the arrow i was hold and had the muzzy head. I was able to blow it up on my phone and found it was a Storm, not a Beaman like i thought.
            Hey still not mine but thanks for looking, I will see ya around hunting

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
              Guess the lack of rain. Same thing in victoria. I was meaning to get ahold of you. Lets go set some jug lines?
              Yea we need to try I put out some regular trot lines today Ill let you know if I have any fish on tomorrow, but def need to get out and after those blues.

Comment

Originally posted by creeping death View Post
                hey muzzy had a blast fishing with ya'll monday.they went today and caught 75 crappie.beat us by 7,will get em next time.nice piggie.
                Man thats ok we will beat them next time, stay in touch hit me up and we can try pig hunting some time, I am always farting around doing something on Granger.

Comment

I've seen a lot of dewberry bushes with fruit on them but they were pretty small. I tried a few and they tasted pretty good though.

Comment

I've noticed in some areas that hogs love to root up dewberry bushes. They'll leave the berries and eat something associated with the roots of the plant. Just thought I'd share, since we're on the topic.

Comment

You are correct they ruin the plant, that is why they are not just thick like they used to be.

Comment

Well I guess its time to start putting in some long hours out at Granger again. I hunted more weekends than not last summer. I saw a few hogs but they always managed to see me first. I might change things up a little this summer, cause the spot and stalk has not been working for me. I really enjoy hunting that way but I like shooting hogs even better. I did have some luck last summer at a little spot on lake Aquilla but I really want to get a Granger hog this year.

Comment

Might make a trip or two up to the lake as well. Found some decent spots with Longarrow.

Comment

Hit up Pecan Grove this morning. It was nice and cool out. Saw at least 10 does, but no hogs or signs of.

Comment

Hey, got a question for you guys - maybe it's been asked but I haven't seen it.
                              I'm new to pig hunting. I've heard that during the warmer months, the pigs get "funky" and not good to eat. I also know guys that hunt them all year round. What is the scoop?

Comment

Clean em quick and they dont get funky on the inside. But pigs are funky on the outside all year round.

Comment

Working...
                                X