No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bunch of guys should be out tonigjht for the Ranger Hunt. Im sure they will be doin some "Live Hunts'. Ill be there in the AM

Comment

Missed you at GRXH Crod888.

Comment

Dirty Mike no offense taken Bro'. Thanks for the words though.

Comment

ill be out at pecan in the afternoon tomorrow.

Comment

Have to hit Pecan Grove my next trip.

Comment

Next time I have a few Saturday, with 5 hours driving time, that allows a couple to hunt.

Comment

Got invited with a crew again 25-27 March, really gonna try to make this.

Comment

Went to #6 yesterday, didnt see much. Went to Pecan and found some in the spillway. There were 6 that i know of. I lost 2 arrows, I took a shot but didnt hit, they ran. Not sure if my sight is off from all the abuse it see's. Going to check it tomorrow. Maybe just a little too excited. My daughter was with me on the bank with my girlfriend. She thought i was crazy for going down there and just so happens that went they bolted one ran right were they had been sitting. It was one of the big ones. Good to actually see something again. We did find 4 coyote's last weekend in 6.

Comment

Pecan Grove seems to be the place.

Comment

hog hunting this a.mm.

nephew and I went this a.m.......heard some but not able to get them...we are going to try tonight....what about a bunch of us getting together to do some hunting as a group...we can use my house as a gathering place...i live just up 361 from the dam...

Comment

Haven't been out in awhile but may go tomorrow morning if things work out. Sounds like Pecan Grove may be the place to go so I'll probably try out there around sunrise.

Comment

Might be back up there 25-27 March. Details to follow. Gentleman I traded Badlands packs with and some of his friends going.

Comment

Magazine article

I'm writing an article for Texas Parks & Wildlife magazine about public hunting opportunities in Texas. Would really like to interview someone who hunts at Granger regularly and has hunted there for several years. The interview would take about 20 minutes by phone, at your convenience. If you're interested in taking part, please email me at benrehder (at) yahoo (dot) com. I appreciate it.

Comment

Ben, really no point, there ARE NO HOGS IN GRANGER!!!!

Comment

Tibido -- I'm up for some group hunting, my kid and I. But I have to warn you that we're new to hunting. Been out to Pecan a few times, without seeing any pigs, just wallows. So we're up for some expert advice. Probably going out Saturday or Sunday evening.

Question: When yall say the spillway, you mean the main one from the dam and not the big structure by the parking lot, right? We've been hunting in the drainage by the big one by the parking lot, areas 9 and 13, I think. Lots of wallows but I think they disappear into the reeds long before we get there.

And we're still working on stalking. My kid and his friend (went with us last time) have a hard time walking quiet for more than a minute at a time. We might be better off in a blind.

Comment

Working...
                                X