Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just looked on google maps and i take it its the bottom tip area with the trees by the water? is all that north of it open area or is it tall grass?

Comment

Originally posted by viper3853 View Post
      lol i walked about 7 miles in pecan on sat so 2 miles is fine to me. lol
      you're tougher than I am (or a lot younger ) I wandered around 80 acres rifle hunting this weekend and I took several naps while laying on the ground waiting for deer. I'm exhausted today. 7 miles in one day would have had me calling in sick on monday

Comment

Originally posted by Genevieve View Post
        you're tougher than I am (or a lot younger ) I wandered around 80 acres rifle hunting this weekend and I took several naps while laying on the ground waiting for deer. I'm exhausted today. 7 miles in one day would have had me calling in sick on monday
        Girl you aint ready for granger then. Cause it takes a lot of boot leather to get to the hogs.

Comment

I like my hunting nap time my friends make fun of the fact that I wear make up to hunt but I'm not afraid to lay on the ground or get dirty ... I guess I need to get some better boots.

Comment

My huntin buddies made fun of me for learning how to shoot laying down. I like to take naps too, and it seemed every time I did I would see animals upon waking. So now I just lay down 18-20 yds. off the trail and wait!lol

Comment

Mountain bikes are the ticket at Granger. There is a good trail network and you can get places fast. 7 miles is nothing on a bike. They are eather amazingly quiet, or the critters don't know what to make of the sound. I see lots more deer when riding a bike than while walking. Course, you don't hunt from the bike, just use it to get to the good areas fast, then stalk from there. A bright LED headlamp will get you back to the parking area after dark. Viper, get a used or cheap bike hauler for your car on e-bay and you are in business. Even a compact car will easily hold an ice chest, a backpack, and a bow, if the bike is hanging off the back.

Comment

Yes, the hogs like the heavy cover in the south where sore finger butts up against the lake. I have seen hog sign by the pond next to the parking area, but not commonly. The hogs dont get very far from the tree cover, so the wide open grasslands in the north of sore finger are just something to hike past. As mentioned, some folks access sore finger by boat.

Comment

Originally posted by trad"Doc"53 View Post
                  My huntin buddies made fun of me for learning how to shoot laying down. I like to take naps too, and it seemed every time I did I would see animals upon waking. So now I just lay down 18-20 yds. off the trail and wait!lol
                  That's a good idea! I can shoot a rifle from about any position but never tried it with my bow.

Comment

Originally posted by NightStalker View Post
                    Yes, the hogs like the heavy cover in the south where sore finger butts up against the lake. I have seen hog sign by the pond next to the parking area, but not commonly. The hogs dont get very far from the tree cover, so the wide open grasslands in the north of sore finger are just something to hike past. As mentioned, some folks access sore finger by boat.
                    thanks i think im gonna stick one at pecan this weekend (hopefully), then ill try sore finger after that. hmmmmm maybe ill try to get a hog in every unit one at a time and not move on til i do.

Comment

Havent been out yet since its cooled down. Hopefully soon after my busy season winds down. Good Luck guys

Comment

I'm gonna get out there pretty quick

Comment

I'm out at gate 7. In about .5 mile from a place I like by the river. Come on hogy, hogy

Comment

man i am so stoked for the extreme hunt this year

Comment

Saw My first hog today. Jumped him so it was a quick look. Black about 150-200lbs. Around 6 I heard some squealing and saw movement looked small but to dark to see real good. Maybe next time.

Comment

went out on sat afternoon at pecan unit, didnt see anything, will go out tuesday afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                                X