No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There will be a thread under around the campfire soon, just say your goin, show up,and dont bring any food.

Originally posted by bigsteve View Post
    How do I become a "Granger Ranger" ? Do I need to be invited? Voted in?Know a secret hand shake or just show up at the Extreme Hunt????????????

Comment

Thanks Bigbowman91

Comment

Originally posted by bigbowman91 View Post
        There will be a thread under around the campfire soon, just say your goin, show up,and dont bring any food.
        That is of course unless you just happened to want to go for a swim...!

Comment

just beware of the granger gorrolla

Comment

Originally posted by paintman View Post
            just beware of the granger gorrolla
            Think the GG will show his hairy face at camp again?

Comment

Will be camping out there 17 18 19 this month. Anyone else up for it.

Comment

Wild Dogs

I've seen a few wild dogs at Grngr. Whats the deal can we wack'em(just joking i'm sure i can't)? But, they've gotta be hurting the wild life pop.

Comment

ok i should be going out tomorrow morning, but had a couple of questons for the veterans at granger. the only hunting ive done is at my ranch, which i kill a deer and go get the truck and pick it up and dress at the ranch house, i dont have that luxury here, since im walking in with no vehicle, im guessing i have to dress and quarter the hog there and walk back to the vehicle with the meat? any tips would be helpful as this is my first time at Granger and using public land.

Comment

Take some rope and depending how far you go in you might wanna shoot a small one

Comment

so then i skin and quarter the hog where it lies and what do i do with the skin and head? just leave it there?

Comment

Originally posted by viper3853 View Post
                        so then i skin and quarter the hog where it lies and what do i do with the skin and head? just leave it there?
                        you can leave the whole thing there if you like.

Comment

All this sounds really good. I may have to try and make the GRXH this year!

Comment

I will be in again this year. It was a good time for sure. Got to meet a few of the guys. Suprisingly we were not hungry and if you were it was your own fault.

Comment

I may go to 95 and 29 gate in the morning. I worked on my truck to night so hopefully all is good.

Comment

I would field dress and drag/carry back to the truck I would then skin and quarter it on the tailgate that way i can bag it and put it straight in the cooler. Or if its too big to drag then just backstrap it and, if you have plastic bags and or room in your bag, hind quarters... Let the rest lie or at the truck just drag the remains back in to the woods a ways. It wont make it too long with the coyotes out there...

Comment

Working...
                                X