No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry i dont have the scoop on what happened to the cows. I am out of the loop on what goes on out there for the most part. Last year I was complaining about them eating all my corn out of the pig pipe and this year I am wishing they were there to stomp and eat everything back down in the SG unit. Just cant win. starting to remind my self of my wife

Comment

anybody been out there lately?

Comment

I was thinking about taking my son out tomorrow morning, anyone been out there lately. If so were is a good place to start.

thanks

Comment

Well it got cold last night. Not sure if it was cold enough to kill off some of those weeds. Going to try and make it out sat. Maybe pecan grove, maybe san gabriel. I am thinking san gabriel.

Comment

Heading out Sunday morning for a few hours. Anybody seen anything lately?

Comment

lots of deer, no hogs today. I was hunting out of gate 8.

Comment

Hi guys been cyber stalking ya'll for awhile and finally took the plunge and registered. I've hunted Granger in the past and have trudged my fair share in the thick S*** lol. Never hunted hogs there but thinking about starting have a couple of questions. Does anyone have any feeders up (small ones I'm guessing) I know you can bait. Or do you guys mainly spot and stalk? How aboout hanging a tree stand? I know all hunters are not honest, anyone had any bad luck w/ stuff stolen? Just asking

Comment

So far I have just spot and stalked. From reading this thread that is what most do. I am gonna try setting up a ground blind in the morning and hand corning a lane. I have seen one or two tree stands out there. I have also seen an old feeder. If you look back through this thread there are at a least one or two people on here who have put up trail cams out there. I wouldn't personally leave anything out there that you have a full expectation of finding next time. I am pretty new to hunting Granger though.

Comment

anyone have any luck on the post card hunts?

Comment

I've been following this thread since last year. I just might have to try to make the Extreme hunt this year if time permits. I've never been to Granger.

Comment

Feeders at Granger

Originally posted by APDBrad View Post
                        Hi guys been cyber stalking ya'll for awhile and finally took the plunge and registered. I've hunted Granger in the past and have trudged my fair share in the thick S*** lol. Never hunted hogs there but thinking about starting have a couple of questions. Does anyone have any feeders up (small ones I'm guessing) I know you can bait. Or do you guys mainly spot and stalk? How aboout hanging a tree stand? I know all hunters are not honest, anyone had any bad luck w/ stuff stolen? Just asking

I have tried pvc pipe feeders at Granger and they are a waste of time. The hogs come clean them out after legal hours. Spot and Stalk is the most productive method. About the only use for bait is if you set up over a game trail at dawn or dusk, is to throw out some hand corn to make a moving hog pause for a moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                          anyone have any luck on the post card hunts?
                          I was in the second postcard group, when I was leaving on Saturday about 11.00 am I went by the hunter check station to leave my permit (i did not get any thing) I checked the bucket and there were two jaw bones in it, so someboby was seccessful.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeBootsRGood View Post
                            So what happened with the cows, Dirtymike? Did COE change the rules, or did the owner just decide not to renew the grazing lease?
                            the COE only has the sore finger area near friendship park leased for cattle. the leases in the other areas have expired. I hear they will be leasing the san gabriel area again soon. dont know about the willis creek area, i hear they might hold it out because the flood killed most of the grass.

Comment

So how do you get set up as a stand by on a deer hunt? read it some where on here but that was 15 pages back atleast.

Comment

I can't believe I just sat here and read this whole thing..... I have way to much time on my hands...LOL... Going to try to do some hog hunting next year. I am in Iraq now. Reading all this has got me ready. Alot of good info, and seems like alot of good people. Willing to share knowledge. That is awesome. I will definatly keep this post in mind, and will update when i do finally get to hunt.

Comment

Working...
                                X