No announcement yet.

Arizona otc mule deer hunt in January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got our place to stay booked. Not camping this year. We're staying in Patagonia. Got tags for 34a and b for javelina. And will hunt other areas for coues and mulies. We'll be down Dec 30 through the 4th. Last year we weren't too serious about it. This year were going to step it up. Younguns are bummed about not camping but the last thing I need is to plop my old fat rear end on the ground and sleep after walking 4 or 5 miles a day. The place we're staying has a fire pit so it will be the best of both worlds. My arrows are all dialed in and 20 yard groups are less than an inch. I'm shooting better than I ever have. 30 yards is in the 9 ring. That's about my limit unless I have one standing sideways. It's still very dry out there. This doesn't affect the coues deer that much but I do think it has an effect on mule deer. Water is your friend. Last year water was everywhere. Good luck to all heading that way. Today's advice, a good tripod makes all the difference, even if you don't have the best glass. Great glass on a tripod that doesn't move smoothly will really be frustrating. Get a bino adapter for your tripod too or you can use your spotting scope as a rest for the binos. And as Jay Scott says, when you are approaching a glassing spot for coues, pretend they can shoot back. It's amazing what they'll see at 500 yards.

Comment

Working...
    X