X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
      All checked in and waiting on the safety meeting at 1:00. Guys running the hunt seem to be great guys and showed us a few photos from the last week. They have evidently been corning for a while and said the pigs are thick. Some good bucks supposedly. Good is relative to location but I am excited. Should be a great afternoon to sit and relax. I am not sure whether or not they are doing any standby hunts at this time. On Sunday they said they would not be doing any. That could have changed since then. I am up at the front of the park where they have wireless. The cell service down where we are meeting is non existent. I will try and check in once I get to my stand if service allows. If not, I will check in after dark.
      Good luck. I was really hoping to get drawn there this year since last year I don't believe they held any of the hunts due to Harvey. That should have allowed many of the bucks to put another year of age on them and provide good opportunities this year.

Comment

Brazos Bend State Park Hunt

Made it to my stand. Randomly draw a # off the table and I got 27. Puts me pretty dang far in the back towards the river. Service is really bad. Sitting at a 3 way intersection in thick woods. There was some corn on the ground and lots of tracks. Added 40 lbs to the 3 senderos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by TildenHunter; 11-13-2018, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Good Luck!

Comment

Good luck. I bet that produces for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
              I'm right around the corner, my subdivision borders the park, if you need anything hit me up.

Pecan Bend? I have several friends that live there.

Comment

Bad to the bone!!! Good luck Hunter!!!

Comment

Just heard first shot. Way off. We hunt our blinds tonight and in the AM. Re-draw tomorrow afternoon for the last 2 hunts.

Comment

Looks like you got a great spot!

Comment

Reckon my buddy should have called. He showed up and got denied stand by.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Best of luck. Many years ago I hunted right across the river from you on prison land with a neighbor. At times when I was really calm on a winter night we could hear people talking in the campground.

Killed many a hog on that place.

Comment

Tiny little 6 just stepped out.

Comment

Just saw a massive pig walking through the woods. If he comes out. He is going to get a bullet. He is 200+

Comment

Drew that hunt 6 or 7 years ago and hunted in the general area you are at. A very target rich environment, especially for pigs. Never got a shot at a big buck but took a doe and 2 hogs. Saw animals on every sit.

Comment

Another pig walked in and he went to piggy heaven.

Comment

Working...
                                X