No announcement yet.

Granger Lake Archery Hunting 2018-2019 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have a stand, feeder and camera at the edge of a field and see a guy army crawling past then not taking a shot at a 10ptr, that's me. He stopped behind the fence post and proceeded to chase does. SML

Comment

Bucks still chasing. Watched a total of 37 deer cross a clearing back and forth all day. Horns chasing slicks.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
        Good job on backing out but high shots in the shoulder/back strap are the hardest to find for the dog and may not be a fatal shot.

Slusher has a good dog and think he has his number posted on the tracking sticky at the top of the campfire page.

Good deer?

Living proof
        Attached Files

Comment

Glad he made it and no wonder we didn't find him. Crazy that shot didn't catch some spine. He'll be easy to spot out there from now on! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
            Living proof

only about 10 inches high and back. You crossbowers don't have any excuses
            I've tracked a few for people that were shot just like that and they usually always live turning up a week or two later on cam. It's crazy how fast they heal up and as long as it doesn't get infected he will make a full recovery.

Now y'all boys wait for a good one this time

Comment

Bucks still chasing. Watched a total of 37 deer cross a clearing back and forth all day. Horns chasing slicks.
              Better quit watching and start killing!! Only a few weeks left now.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                Better quit watching and start killing!! Only a few weeks left now.
                Working on it! Slow and steady. The wind directions and their location is kicking my ***. His entourage of does keep a healthy distance both north and south of his route. I need a west or east wind then it would be on like Donkey Kong!

Comment

Working on it! Slow and steady. The wind directions and their location is kicking my ***. His entourage of does keep a healthy distance both north and south of his route. I need a west or east wind then it would be on like Donkey Kong!
                  Remember when I said the wind and your approach to the stand was the most important part out there? sucks when they live in a spot that's hard to hunt and they do it for that livery reason. They know they are hard to get to and know when somethings in the area.

Good luck man

Comment

Black Skinny jeans, converse shoes, gray under armor long sleeve shirt and a black beanie....and stalking at 5:00pm

oh, and waving hello to hunters as you walk under their stands and continue on your route to the field and walk through it.

I thought we were far enough away that others would not find me. Guess it takes a bored walker.

Comment

I lost a Garmin GPS unit out at Granger this weekend, if anyone comes across it, please PM me.

It would have been around the Willis Creek area roads, along one of the roadways. I think I may have left it on my bumper and drove away.

I know its a long shot.

Thanks much.

Comment

Black Skinny jeans, converse shoes, gray under armor long sleeve shirt and a black beanie....and stalking at 5:00pm

oh, and waving hello to hunters as you walk under their stands and continue on your route to the field and walk through it.

I thought we were far enough away that others would not find me. Guess it takes a bored walker.
                        Did he have a bow or was he just a PETA member screwing up hunters?

Comment

Recurve snow slung across his back.

Comment

8 bucks total checked in as of Saturday morning. My card is all done, best of luck to you all! Plenty more of the famous Granger Lake legal spikes out there that everyone comes out for!

Comment

Strap on your rubber boots and/or hips waders boys and girls!
                              She's wet and flowing.

Comment

Won't be too may deer hunters out for the last weekend I bet, I'm counting on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X