Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BackwoodzHank View Post
    PLEASE!!!!!
    If you see white flagging please stay away. Couldn't figure out why I didn't see or hear anything at all this morning and i kept hearing a thud sound. A guy had took his truck down the abandoned road I have been hunting off (flagged it friday morning) of this morning and got it stuck. He was too far in for me to get him out, mad as all get out went ahead and gave him a ride to the front. Next person doesn't get a ride.....

Sorry that happened to you this morning boss. Good meeting you this morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Alright so here’s the story!

I had to force myself to go this morning. I have hunted every day except Monday and to be honest I burnt out. Never before in my hunting career have I felt more defeated then I did at the Aransas NWR. So once I finally got up and going I eased into my stand and was setup by 6:20. Daylight breaks and I’m not seeing anything. Around 7:45 I see a doe at about 100 yards and she’s working her way to me. I’m pumped up and I’m getting ready. I hear a splash to my right and I take my eyes off the doe for 10 seconds and when I looked back she was gone. Vanished! I was pretty upset and that overwhelming feeling of defeat hit me again. Then my phone fell out of my pocket and hit the ground, then I got bit by a giant ant. I was just about done. So as I’m standing up to stretch my legs I look and I see a deer at around 300 yards away. I think to myself there is no way I’m going to get a shot on that deer. Well fate was on my side! This deer walked a straight line to me! Once he got to about 30 yards he started around the side of the tree that I wanted him too. BUTTTTTT he takes off in a trot!!!! So I pull the bow back and give him the “hey!” and he slows down to a stop at 14 yards and broadside. BUTTTTTTTT there was one clump of oak leafs and acorns covering his vitals!!! 🤬 So with a little hesitation and a lot of hope I let the arrow fly and sure enough it busted through the acorns and SMOKED his heart! He horse kicked then fell on his chest and went 15 yards! I have never in my life been so excited about a little spike buck. 1st year to put in for a draw, 1st draw hunt I have ever been on, 1st time hunting Aransas AND my 1st Texas buck with a bow!

Comment

Originally posted by CoswayTyler View Post

I had to force myself to go this morning. I have hunted every day except Monday and to be honest I burnt out. Never before in my hunting career have I felt more defeated then I did at the Aransas NWR. So once I finally got up and going I eased into my stand and was setup by 6:20. Daylight breaks and I’m not seeing anything. Around 7:45 I see a doe at about 100 yards and she’s working her way to me. I’m pumped up and I’m getting ready. I hear a splash to my right and I take my eyes off the doe for 10 seconds and when I looked back she was gone. Vanished! I was pretty upset and that overwhelming feeling of defeat hit me again. Then my phone fell out of my pocket and hit the ground, then I got bit by a giant ant. I was just about done. So as I’m standing up to stretch my legs I look and I see a deer at around 300 yards away. I think to myself there is no way I’m going to get a shot on that deer. Well fate was on my side! This deer walked a straight line to me! Once he got to about 30 yards he started around the side of the tree that I wanted him too. BUTTTTTT he takes off in a trot!!!! So I pull the bow back and give him the “hey!” and he slows down to a stop at 14 yards and broadside. BUTTTTTTTT there was one clump of oak leafs and acorns covering his vitals!!! 🤬 So with a little hesitation and a lot of hope I let the arrow fly and sure enough it busted through the acorns and SMOKED his heart! He horse kicked then fell on his chest and went 15 yards! I have never in my life been so excited about a little spike buck. 1st year to put in for a draw, 1st draw hunt I have ever been on, 1st time hunting Aransas AND my 1st Texas buck with a bow!

CONGRATS on a lot of firsts!!

Comment

Originally posted by CoswayTyler View Post

Wow! Thanks for the pics and congratulations!!

Comment

Good stuff bud! Thats what its all about! congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
              Scott hunted my tripod the evening, saw a six point and a doe. Herd some hogs a long way off. I'm headed back down in the morning.

Had to come back home for a doctors apt and found out a very good friend passed away Monday.

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=707869

Sorry to hear, Thumper. Good luck when you make it back.

Comment

Just checked in the front gate at 12:30pm and got a look at the kill log book.

4-hogs
                4-doe
                9- bucks

Horns looking a little thin this year, I think Harvey put some stress on them last year and hurt the antler growth.

Edit: passed a small alligator on the edge of middle rd near cow camp.
                Last edited by Thumper; 10-04-2018, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Keep it coming guys. CT, awesome story and way to hang in there.

Comment

Good to meet you this morning to Tyler, got some warm grub in my belly, im better now!
                    Congrats again on the buck! Pulling anything out of here is a challenge and im proud for ya!

Comment

Congrats on the buck and way to hang in there. We forget most of the days we quit early. We remember many of the days we didn't even though we don't see anything. We never forget the days we stuck it out and were successful. I hope your arrow skewered a couple hundred mesquitos on its path.

Comment

Thumper what’s the hold up ? Ya should be tagged out by now .[emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                          Thumper what’s the hold up ? Ya should be tagged out by now .[emoji16]
                          This evening is my first hunt, wasn't feeling well, still not 100%.

Comment

Best of luck to you.

Comment

Good luck. I am solo now. Dad left Tuesday, hes 74. He said he may come back to hunt with me this weekend. If I make it that long...still on the fence.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on the success Tyler. Welcome to the 1% Hunters Club. A true hunters feat.
                                Enjoyed it and glad to have your company. You're a beast for what you went through to get it done. My hats off to you

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X