Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Storm View Post
    It works.

Do I need to bring my 8' extra heavy spinning rod with 50 lb test?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
      Do I need to bring my 8' extra heavy spinning rod with 50 lb test?
      You may have to bring your Shark gear.

Comment

Ok. Got my 14 foot surf rod cleaned up. And shark hook sharpened up. I'm ready.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

.Click image for larger version

Name:	20190721_121958.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	24584917

Comment

You don't need to hook them, just throw it at-em. Did I say it's hot, looking forward the the mid-week cool down.

Hey, turn that watch around.

Comment

I can't see the watch if it's turned around. I'd be on the other side of my wrist.

Comment

I see spots

Comment

Hello all, I am new to texasbowhunter forums and just wanted to say hey.

Tried to go through all the pages of this thread to get some info, but it's mostly deer stuff. I'm more of a hog guy. Anyone have any info about hogs in either areas?

Comment

I can say that they are on both lakes. And they are in every unit. Some more than others, just like the deer and all other game. Just gotta get out and stomp the ground to find what you're looking for. That's half the fun of it all anyway. And welcome to TBH.

Comment

Thanks! Sounds good to me. I am right by Lake Lavon which doesn't allow hog hunting during the deer season so I wanted to checkout Lake Aquilla because it looks like a great area.

Comment

The annual Cleburne area Get-2-gether will be on Aug 17th, noonish till...

I'll get a thread started soon in Around The Campfire on the particulars. The new 2019-2020 season thread will start after the G2G.

Comment

So for all y’all Aquilla hunters, how big is Aquilla creek normally? I’m looking at it on onX and it looks about 30-50’ wide but the picture looks like it was taken during flood. Just wondering if it’s navigable during normal lake levels

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                            The annual Cleburne area Get-2-gether will be on Aug 17th, noonish till...

I'll get a thread started soon in Around The Campfire on the particulars. The new 2019-2020 season thread will start after the G2G.

Location so I can jot it in the calendar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sometimes View Post
                              Hello all, I am new to texasbowhunter forums and just wanted to say hey.

Tried to go through all the pages of this thread to get some info, but it's mostly deer stuff. I'm more of a hog guy. Anyone have any info about hogs in either areas?
                              There are lots of hogs around, I’ve seen most of them close to the water but of course they can be anywhere. They are on every unit though. You being a mostly hog hunting guy probably know more than us mostly deer guys about where to look lol. I may be asking you for some advice.

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post
                                Location so I can jot it in the calendar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

West End Grill this year. I'm always open for a better place next year as long as it's got cold beverages, A/C, and fair food.

Comment

Working...
                                X