Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn't get the " " to work when I quoted ya JQ.

Comment

B5 huh. Figures, W lake always tons of good shooter bucks in just about every unit!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
        Hey, we agree on something!

I think part of it is due to before AR, lots of folk would shoot the first buck they saw (most being young), leaving the bigger ones to grow bigger. There used to be some real monsters in there because a lot of people would burn their tags on young bucks. Now with AR, the "legal" bucks get taken out regardless of age, most not really getting a chance to really develope like they did before. So, like I said before, AR really hasn't helped the lands we hunt. But has helped the smaller private lands that adjoin each other across other areas. Sure, you may see more bucks (young ones). But it won't be bucks you can shoot.
        I totally agree with this from what I've seen.

Returned your PM. Little slow.

Comment

Congratulations on the spike, (first buck of many to come).

Comment

Originally posted by beararcher_84 View Post
            So sorry to hear that!! Ive had my share of stupid drivers putting me down on my motorcycle. Lost a guy I was a firefighter with late Friday night to a aggresive cancer, good man, great father!! Prayers for ya switchback

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You talking about the Edgecliff FF who passed?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
              You talking about the Edgecliff FF who passed?

Yes sir. I was on the department with him

Comment

Whis i could have hunted this morning, not one car or hunter out there.

Comment

Planning on taking the fiancée hunting sat on the W lake. Was gonna take the boat but the wind speed forecasts looking to be 15-18mph which is a bit much for my 16ft aluminum boat.

Is the A lake as bad when it comes to a north wind? If anyone could shed light on that it’d be much appreciated.

I have areas I can access on foot but I was gonna try to make this easy on her!

Comment

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                    Planning on taking the fiancée hunting sat on the W lake. Was gonna take the boat but the wind speed forecasts looking to be 15-18mph which is a bit much for my 16ft aluminum boat.

Is the A lake as bad when it comes to a north wind? If anyone could shed light on that it’d be much appreciated.

Just have her carry you while you carry the stands. [emoji38]

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                      Just have her carry you while you carry the stands. [emoji38]

I make her carry that so there ain’t much room for me [emoji23].

In all seriousness I’m gonna be trying the sitdrag again while I cart the stand for her. Idk how I’ll enjoy it for an all day sit but I guess I’ll find out.

Either way, it’ll be nice to have a second meat hauler around since JQ will be up north [emoji12]

Comment

Was out Tuesday morning, heard what I think was couple Bobcats fighting and it scared the do due outta me lol Finals are starting so my days off now can be devoted to hunting instead of morning classes lol
                        Just happy Ive gotten out more this year, than in years past! Hopefully it will pay off soon

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post

North wind is tough on Aquilla, I have a 14 ft flat bottom , wear a rain suit cause ur gonna get wet!

Comment

Originally posted by coojay View Post
                            North wind is tough on Aquilla, I have a 14 ft flat bottom , wear a rain suit cause ur gonna get wet!

Sounds like we have to walk!

Thank you!

Comment

Anybody set up this morning?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Comment

Not I, at work

Comment

Working...
                                X