Lake Waco hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
    Waco is free to archery hunters during October only. After October only permitted hunters allowed that applied and got drawn.

Rwc

Thank you! I wasn’t 100 percent sure because mostly talks about drawn hunts on the Corp website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If weather app stays true, going to be very bumpy boat ride in today and tomorrow....... 21-23 WNW with gust up to 30-33.......might have to rethink my strategy....

Best of luck to all.

Rwc

Comment

Yes it will. Especially on Waco! Good luck!

Comment

Hey fellas, I drew a shotgun tag for N3 on Lake Waco for opening week. Ill be out there opening weekend and camping at Airport Park. Any of you guys hunting N3? Just curious so maybe we could make a game plan to not effect each others hunting. Also, any of yall camping at airport? if so, ive got a beer or two with your name on it.

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLimb View Post
            Hey fellas, I drew a shotgun tag for N3 on Lake Waco for opening week. Ill be out there opening weekend and camping at Airport Park. Any of you guys hunting N3? Just curious so maybe we could make a game plan to not effect each others hunting. Also, any of yall camping at airport? if so, ive got a beer or two with your name on it.
            PM Sent

Rwc

Comment

Well that wraps my 2021 Lake Waco Archery Public Hunts. I have had allot of luck over the years hunting public with Lake Waco being no exception. But this year, Lake Waco public won!

I will note, I did see more deer this year than ever before while on stand and had 3 opportunities to kill a "legal" buck, but never put my eyes on the one I was chasing. Plus, I did lose a little confidence in my last set when I walked in Sunday afternoon and followed a dried blood trail for the first 100 yards......ha ha Congrats to that hunter.

Best of luck to all the drawn permittee hunters, hope you kill a giant.

Below are a few photos of my last set up and a deer or two.

Rwc
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for taking us along, RWC.

Comment

Anybody seen the guy carrying an extension ladder out there?

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                    Well that wraps my 2021 Lake Waco Archery Public Hunts. I have had allot of luck over the years hunting public with Lake Waco being no exception. But this year, Lake Waco public won!

I will note, I did see more deer this year than ever before while on stand and had 3 opportunities to kill a "legal" buck, but never put my eyes on the one I was chasing. Plus, I did lose a little confidence in my last set when I walked in Sunday afternoon and followed a dried blood trail for the first 100 yards......ha ha Congrats to that hunter.

Best of luck to all the drawn permittee hunters, hope you kill a giant.

Below are a few photos of my last set up and a deer or two.

Rwc

Are you getting ready to get back after them? I started scouting in August and may or may not have at least two shooters located. Of course, that will likely change come opening day. I do know there is at least one more hunter that has scouted the same area. I know they saw evidence of my scouting and were honest enough thank goodness. I also found one hell of a shed while scouting!

Comment

good luck on your hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by Hendo View Post
                        Are you getting ready to get back after them? I started scouting in August and may or may not have at least two shooters located. Of course, that will likely change come opening day. I do know there is at least one more hunter that has scouted the same area. I know they saw evidence of my scouting and were honest enough thank goodness. I also found one hell of a shed while scouting!

Yes sir, but not near as much as years past. There is so much green browse along all the creek/river banks now its almost like a mid October food plot on all sand bars and mud flats.

With the lake level down 9 or so feet its a challenge getting to a coupe of my spots by boat.

Best of luck to you and all USACE hunters.

Rwc

Comment

Yeah I hear you! It is super tall too! The deer are still in there, but I’m not accessing by boat. I thought about scouting a couple more pieces by boat, but didn’t because of exactly what you are talking about. I’m pretty much one area or bust for public. I still have my normal lease, but going to try this a little too. Mostly during the week.

Comment

Working...
                          X