Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

One of my party got a hog this afternoon, so we made the board. Have seen a lot of animals, just tough getting them in bow range.

Comment

Thanks for keeping us updated with the board. Friday can’t get here soon enough.

Comment

I finish up my hunt today, back to the real world tomorrow. First time hunting here and spent most of my time in Unit 5.
          Lessons learned.
          1. If it is raining or has rained leave the bikes at home.
          2. Don't try and push through the thick brush. (it only gets thicker)
          3. Defiantly wear snake guards.
          4. It is a hard hunt , take your time and pace yourself.
          5. Pack light
          6 Get in shape , Walking , Bike riding.
          7. Make sure and follow the rules, the GW are very strict and check in often.
          Attached Files

Comment

Put nilgai bull and cow to bed last night! One more chance this morn! Then heading home. All the seasoned hunters that have been hunting here say either try for the first archery or rifle but obviously we could possibly get a nilgai and have seen 12 total! Deer here are avg size and I can kill those at home!

Comment

I bet have gone close to 30 miles since Friday on foot and bike!

Comment

We concluded our hunt last night and all I will say is that numbers of nilgai are way down compared to 2 years ago. I won't mention specific numbers but from what we were hearing the helicopter hunts really impacted numbers and speaking with other hunters in the field agree. I wish all the luck to hunters on the next go around.

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
                  Put nilgai bull and cow to bed last night! One more chance this morn! Then heading home. All the seasoned hunters that have been hunting here say either try for the first archery or rifle but obviously we could possibly get a nilgai and have seen 12 total! Deer here are avg size and I can kill those at home!

Any pix of that husband and wife blue devil

Comment

Originally posted by coachwhip View Post
                    What was the deal with helicopter flying low during today's hunt?
                    If you have Facebook, look at Jan Whittington's face book page. She had someone fly her over Needle Island (Island in the middle of the big lake at Laguna Atascosa) to get a video of the alligators that live on it. She went on to post it on FB and claim that it was shot in "the Lower Laguna Madre" near South Padre Island which made the video go viral as many of the fisherman down here (who wade a lot) saw some things in that video that would curb such activity. This said, that sucks that they flew over the refuge during the hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiburon1 View Post
                      If you have Facebook, look at Jan Whittington's face book page. She had someone fly her over Needle Island (Island in the middle of the big lake at Laguna Atascosa) to get a video of the alligators that live on it. She went on to post it on FB and claim that it was shot in "the Lower Laguna Madre" near South Padre Island which made the video go viral as many of the fisherman down here (who wade a lot) saw some things in that video that would curb such activity. This said, that sucks that they flew over the refuge during the hunt.

Can you link/post the video here i would like to see it

Comment

Originally posted by DannyGarcia View Post

Hope that works.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyGarcia View Post

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
                            Nice!!!! Congrats! We need to see pics!

Comment

Originally posted by coachwhip View Post
                              We concluded our hunt last night and all I will say is that numbers of nilgai are way down compared to 2 years ago. I won't mention specific numbers but from what we were hearing the helicopter hunts really impacted numbers and speaking with other hunters in the field agree. I wish all the luck to hunters on the next go around.
                              Coachwhip, sent you a PM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X