Comment

Nice work Dperez!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great job DPerez!

No luck for me today. Passed on a doe and a yearling early. Shortly after that a cow and calf crossed but they were a little far and I didn’t have a clear shot. Picked up and closed the distance but they disappeared in the brush. There wasn’t a bull following them. Regrouped and started walking but wasn’t able to turn anything up the rest of the day.

The few guys I talked to all had similarly slow days. It got pretty warm today temperature-wise. When I left this evening there was a doe and a couple cows on the board for today. There was also a bull down on horse island that hadn’t come in yet. They said it had been a really slow day at the check station.

Today wrapped up my hunt. Have a good friend that lives down here and I rarely see set us up a duck hunt for the am. I’ll do a longer write up with some pics when I get back home.

Good luck to everyone else finishing it out tomorrow.

Comment

Congrats DPerez!

Comment

Anybody get a final pic of the board?

Comment

No sir I sure didn’t

Comment

Is anyone else hunting this weekend?

Comment

Here's a picture of the board from last weekend. I see a problem. D. Perez only has one nilgia on the board. What happened to the other one???

Comment

The website says it will not be updated during the shutdown, but I'm guessing it is not affecting the hunts?

Comment

I would figure rifle there would had more animals on the board, i wonder if people didnt hunt all 3 days or might be no shows. Well i will see how hard it is with a rifle come next week. Practice up to 300 yrds i might be able to push it to 400 but only in a desperate situation for a blue bull.

I wonder if they still say there is fallow in the property and its legal to shoot? Did anyone see any by any chance?

Comment

Well the guy I told that took my info didn’t realize when I told him that I had shot two not one. And that’s because I told him twice and my wife was like I don’t know if that understood you right. By looking at the board now he obviously didn’t hear me right. I told him the first one was 250lbs and the second was about 350.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyGarcia View Post
                              I would figure rifle there would had more animals on the board, i wonder if people didnt hunt all 3 days or might be no shows. Well i will see how hard it is with a rifle come next week. Practice up to 300 yrds i might be able to push it to 400 but only in a desperate situation for a blue bull.

I wonder if they still say there is fallow in the property and its legal to shoot? Did anyone see any by any chance?

I think all the game gets smart and only moves during twilight hours making things more difficult along with the added pressure. These animals are moving farther and farther into the refuge making it harder for some folks to get there with all the water in the cayo unless you take a road that gets you across the water. Even then that’s a very long trek but at the same time can be rewarding. Only problem with going in so far is when you do shoot one is getting out in a timely manner. The employees cannot help with recovery due to the furlough so you are on your own just like my wife and I were 3 miles in when I shot those two. I think that furlough has a lot of hunters rethinking their plans since there will no help. Therefore reducing the harvest totals.

Comment

Yes fallow are present and according to information at orientation they encouraged the harvest of all fallow as their numbers have been increasing. TPWD stance at any place where exotics are present is “total extermination”. I got that impression from the Feds they have same belief...

Comment

Working...
                                X