No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changed locations. 2 does, Javi, and the biggest alligator I’ve ever seen out here!

Comment

Get outta my spot, poacher!
      Originally posted by PBUCKSHOT View Post
      Saw about 8 cows this morning and a nice mature buck chasing a doe hard. Snuck up on the cow from about 200y but got busted at around 80y out. Seconds after putting arrow back in quiver, a herd literally almost run me over. I was able to let one fly at the last one and my lead was perfect but just a tad too high. Exciting hunt. Debating on walking back out. If rain doesn’t stop by 230 I’ll just come back in the morning.
      Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

cant wait for Jan 11..... good luck everyone

Comment

Laguna Atascosa 2018

Any kills on the board yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
            Get outta my spot, poacher!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
            Lol nah some guys from SA went straight to your corner. Figured you tipped them off lol. With this rain prediction I’m not going that far back until Sunday.

Comment

Had a venison bitesize treat and a bunch of hogs visit this evening.
              Attached Files

Comment

Got soaked all the way through yesterday. Sat in my tripod the whole day and saw three javelina and one doe that blew by my like her tail was on fire. A hunter walked by a short time later so I’m assuming he spooked her.
                Didn’t go out this morning. Have to get all my gear dried out then will be back at it this afternoon.

Comment

Saw 4 little baconettes on the way out yesterday, they were in crossbow range for my wife but they ducked into some tall brush and booked it on and we couldn't get a shot.

About to be back at it in a little bit!

We did seen some guys with what looked like either a cow or young bull in the bed of their trucks yesterday

Comment

Today is the first day of this hunt for me and so far its wet, muddy and cold. This rain needs to let up already! I did see a spike earlier but he didnt stick around long enough for me to get a shot. Anyone else out here in the rain?

Comment

Just left to get a warm lunch. Saw 2 Neal guys this morning, heading back out soon.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I haven't seen much today, but did see 8 deer and a hog yesterday. Most were too far away, one doe caught me guard and ran off when she saw me move. Rushed a shot another doe later and completely missed her. Under estimated the range and went under her. With all this rain, I am glad I went with the pop up blind.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas5o View Post
                          Got soaked all the way through yesterday. Sat in my tripod the whole day and saw three javelina and one doe that blew by my like her tail was on fire. A hunter walked by a short time later so I’m assuming he spooked her.
                          Didn’t go out this morning. Have to get all my gear dried out then will be back at it this afternoon.
                          Scent blocker has/had their drencher series clothing onsale last week. Very comfortable and works fantastic. I sat in the rain a full day at LRGV and didn’t get one drop of water on me. I got the bibs and jacket for less than 100 total.

Comment

3 does this morning. No horns yet. There’s talk of a big one here!

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                              3 does this morning. No horns yet. There’s talk of a big one here!

What unit are you in?

Comment

Friday’s board

Comment

Working...
                                X