X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone seeing rut activity

Comment

No rut activity yet

Hunting unit 6 and just like everyone else seen hunters all over the area. So far I ha be seen several does 400 yards away. Two pigs in an open field and no Nelgi so far. I did see a fallow deer (doe) walking across the road. Saw a bobcat also. Great place but it is a hard hunt. Been hunting this place since the 80's and it's a great place. These old bones can't take it, but God willing I will try. Good luck to everyone. Refuge personnel has been great.

Comment

Originally posted by Tacuache View Post
        Hunting unit 6 and just like everyone else seen hunters all over the area. So far I ha be seen several does 400 yards away. Two pigs in an open field and no Nelgi so far. I did see a fallow deer (doe) walking across the road. Saw a bobcat also. Great place but it is a hard hunt. Been hunting this place since the 80's and it's a great place. These old bones can't take it, but God willing I will try. Good luck to everyone. Refuge personnel has been great.
        I have known this man for a long time. He is as tough as they come. I hope that I am as strong as he is when I am his age.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

RGV hunter

Thanks buddy, I am trying. Again thanks for helping me sight in my new scope.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0946.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	24562970Still playing cat and mouse had some cows bust me do to the wind and these bills were just across the fence, a north entry makes it hard to hunt when you have a north wind!
            Attached Files

Comment

dang saw a Neil guy cow and huge bull at 10:30 but at 70 yards. moved my setup to be closer but I bet they are at my old spot next, hah! was cool to see 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Falling View Post
                dang saw a Neil guy cow and huge bull at 10:30 but at 70 yards. moved my setup to be closer but I bet they are at my old spot next, hah! was cool to see 2.
                70 yards, you gotta let one fly!!!! Stay put bc they will travel back thru. Goodluck

Comment

Originally posted by coachwhip View Post
                  [ATTACH]936058[/ATTACH]Still playing cat and mouse had some cows bust me do to the wind and these bills were just across the fence, a north entry makes it hard to hunt when you have a north wind!
                  Man I feel your pain, I am having same kind of luck in Unit 2. Had a whole herd of cows and calves bust me before could get turned around.. I have a couple buddies in 8 that said it looked like orange army over there. I need more help corraling these things, think they are taking a lunch break and heading this way. Feel free to come over too always good to meet some tbhers!

Comment

waiting for the Neil guys

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                      the entry road is not pot bellied per se...but is completely under construction. You can not park there while hunting though.

At the orientation for the 11/16 hunt they handed out paperwork for those that did not have any...other than their permit.

Thanks for the info that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone have an updated picture of the board?

Comment

saw a young bull, but in thick brush, and a nice buck also in thick brush so far. waiting for the evening Neil guys to roam in

Comment

Originally posted by Falling View Post
                            saw a young bull, but in thick brush, and a nice buck also in thick brush so far. waiting for the evening Neil guys to roam in

What compartment are you in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks everyone for the updates keeps the juices flowing for those of us on later hunts.

Comment

Well, I had to finish up my hunt a day early but it was a blast! It was definitely one of the toughest hunts I've ever been on. I saw a lot of animals but couldn't ever get quite close enough. I spent most of my time way out in the northwest corner of the property. It's a long way back there but there are a lot of nilgai. If I were to have killed one back there it would have been a long haul out... I learned a lot as this was my first time hunting out there. Will definitely have a better idea of what to plan for in the future. I would say my biggest mistake was packing too heavy. Go Light!

Comment

Working...
                                X