Laguna Atascosa 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tomahawk54 View Post
    Had most of the crowd cleared out by today?

Great question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

County road still had hunters. Not many hunting lakeside drive all hunt. You can't park on Buena Vista like you use to cuz of the road construction. Don't know about 1 or 2.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

Anybody get a picture of the board?
        Last edited by Tomahawk54; 11-19-2018, 07:42 PM.

Comment

I have picture...i can send it to someone to post

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
            I have picture...i can send it to someone to post
            I do as well

Comment

Comment

Thanx highwayhunter

Comment

Can't believe nobody has killed anything in unit 5. Does it seem like 5 was getting hunted much or maybe just too much pressure from all the duck hunting going on?

Comment

Wonder if someone got a snap of that 12 pt on the board. Sounds like a nice deer.

Comment

Sounds to me like no one is hunting Unit 5. I hunted it last year, with a full compliment of duck hunters shooting it up in Parker and the nilgai could not have cared less. I shot 5 (3 Bulls and 2 Cows) before calling it quits.

Comment

I’ve been in 5/upper 8. Not much nilgai sign in some parts compared to last year. I’ve also gotten a flat every time I attempted horse island, 3 flats. Duck hunters are playing havoc on two sides of island as well. Sounds really carries out here.
                        I honestly think hunt harder this year. More water/ more food changed their travel, mixed with cold temps and duck hunters.

At least that’s my excuse for comming home empty handed.

I hit a doe, looked over hours for blood. I rushed shot, I messed up and lost deer.

Comment

Hunted with gun or bow? Movement is slow. I’ve only seen 2-3 cows entire trip.

Comment

It was with a rifle so, so advantage me on that one. But two of the five I was well within 35 yards of them. I bumped a heard, and shot my last two, right next to Ryan Falls blind (big Pontoon boat with a blind on it on the North side of Parker Lake) while they were hunting in it. I would post pictures but it seems that my noobie status doesn’t allow me.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonS View Post
                              I’ve been in 5/upper 8. Not much nilgai sign in some parts compared to last year. I’ve also gotten a flat every time I attempted horse island, 3 flats. Duck hunters are playing havoc on two sides of island as well. Sounds really carries out here.
                              I honestly think hunt harder this year. More water/ more food changed their travel, mixed with cold temps and duck hunters.

At least that’s my excuse for comming home empty handed.

I hit a doe, looked over hours for blood. I rushed shot, I messed up and lost deer.
                              I was planning on looking at horse island during the 11/30 hunt. Did you have slime in the tires or tire liners? My back up plan is to try hunting 3 if I'm not seeing much in 5.

Comment

It depends on the weather with bikes. If its like today, constant mist, the dirt/clay will stick to your tires and you will not be able to go anywhere on them. You will probably need to stick to a caliche road. If it's dry, then you definitely want to slime your tires and bring a patch kit.

Comment

Working...
                                X