No announcement yet.

Chaparral 2018 thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure am bummed about not getting to go. I was drawn for this week, paid for my permit, had a room book in Catoula and was all set to go.

Long story short our contractor has been way behind and we are finally moving back into our house after Harvey.

Couldn't bare to tell the wife just one more week and then I go hunt. Although that did cross my mind I like breathing.

I am glad some of you bagged nice deer. Any Wart hogs taken this year yet?

Physh.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Chap

Hunted this week, shot a nice 7 pt management deer. I saw 3 warthogs first day but never again. Had a great time and met some great people

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
        Too many to count
        Really, thought everybody that showed got in?

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
          Really, thought everybody that showed got in?

That’s only with the youth doe/spike hunts

Comment

Really hard hunting this week. It was a cool place and great to see some new country

Comment

Did you guys see any rut activity? My kids have the youth hunt right after Christmas will there be any rut or is it about over?

Comment

My dad ended up shooting a 7.5 year old 8 nice buck! I had a great time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Czechoholic View Post
                  Congrats to both of the successful hunters.

Its your turn now Huntindad!

Good luck
                  No deer for me. I had an opportunity, but squandered it trying to decide on the spread of a 10 point...ending up passing on it.

With Sprint... I could not get cell service down there. So, I knew nothing till I got back to hotel each day.

I saw a lot on Tuesday, but not alot after that. the wind played havoc where I was set up. I saw several younger 8's that will be good deer in a couple years.

the rut is on now. May be over by the youth hunts.

Congrats to the folks that took home a deer.

Comment

Did you guys from the last hunt see many does?

Comment

Nope...not for me on the far east side. Does came out on Friday afternoon. Guess the kids have put a dent in them. Did see lots of younger bucks with lots of potential.

Comment

We didn’t see many doe either, I think I saw a total of 4 on my hunt. We were in Jay, it’s like most of Texas, it’s so green the doe just aren’t very visible. We have had the same problem in west TX.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys just trying to get a feel for the youth hunt coming up for my kids. Hoping they have a good hunt and its hard getting lots of info being from out of state.

Comment

2 doe between two of us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Was there a lot of javelina seen? I got drawn for that hunt in feb. never been before and looking forward to it. Tips would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by 79F250 View Post
                                That’s only with the youth doe/spike hunts
                                They usually do that on the archery hunts too.

Comment

Working...
                                X