No announcement yet.

Chaparral 2018 thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We will hunt in the morning but may have to leave at noon. Surprised but noticed t lunch today that 12 hunters had all ready went home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

how much was holiday express. I am thinking that or whitten inn, if I get on standby.

Comment

We r in Fairfield inn all week and it was 72 a night via hotel.com. Several reasonable priced down here. Guess oilfield traffic is down. 5 years ago they were getting almost 200 a night

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
          how much was holiday express. I am thinking that or whitten inn, if I get on standby.
          $96

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

What all has been killed?

Comment

Well fellas last morning. Little drizzle of rain. Wind is supposed to be out of the NE but more NW so had to audible this morning and make a quick move. Seen a wide deer at the stand in at earlier in the week from a distance and MikeJ in the stand where I bumped a decent bodied buck the first nite after shooting lite. Good kuck

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBoy View Post
                Well fellas last morning. Little drizzle of rain. Wind is supposed to be out of the NE but more NW so had to audible this morning and make a quick move. Seen a wide deer at the stand in at earlier in the week from a distance and MikeJ in the stand where I bumped a decent bodied buck the first nite after shooting lite. Good kuck

Good luck, gray skies, drizzle, and north winds always make good days down South. Hope the bucks agree with me and give you look!

Comment

Comment

he looks old, but don't know about 12" though

Comment

$59/night at residency suites.
                      Lobby kinda smells bad but I think the front desk ladies finally got that remedied.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                        he looks old, but don't know about 12" though
                        He's too narrow, as is the new 8 that showed up

Comment

As people leave do they allow standby hunters to take their spots or is it only for the entire hunt you can be selected as stand by?

Comment

Good luck this AM

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
                              As people leave do they allow standby hunters to take their spots or is it only for the entire hunt you can be selected as stand by?
                              Entire hunt

Comment

Well that is a wrap for me and MikeJ. Going home empty handed but great trip as always. One painful miss and multiple deer encounters. Saw deer within bow range on every sit. Lots of good young bucks with several “legal” 3.5 year olds that got a pass from us. Didn’t any to waste a trophy tag on a 3.5 year old.

On a positive note, I did find my arrow from last night’s shot. Clean miss with no blood. It must have ricochet and skipped back in the brush. Good to know that deer isn’t wounded. Thanks for following along. Good to meet u Sideler, Kactus and others.

It’s took almost 20 years to get drawn for this hunt o hope it doesn’t take that long for next time. I’ll be too old to pull my old Mathews back. Good luck to all u TBHers hunting here next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X