Somerville PHL 18-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
    Hey man, I'm not arguing for the guys who don't have any respect for your stand. I'm just saying there are occasionally folks who only get to start learning the land mid season. It is possible to scout respectfully and find your own spots during the season.

Exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
      Hey man, I'm not arguing for the guys who don't have any respect for your stand. I'm just saying there are occasionally folks who only get to start learning the land mid season. It is possible to scout respectfully and find your own spots during the season.

I agree 100%

A lot of the guys here will share info. Walking into this group with “I’m gonna go tromping around” is not a great way to join in!

Comment

Originally posted by GD47 View Post
        Well ask around and read up I'm that guy who will make your trip wasted and so if you walk threw while I'm hunting trust me I'll make you make a wasted trip and gas.... lol so hope to see yall out there soon

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        Shame!

Comment

Originally posted by Fthoodtanker View Post
          Hoggwild u scared to post it

Lol just messing wit ya

Won’t let me post video. But I posted a pic of it!!

[emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959]

Comment

Unreal. No wonder hunters are getting such a bad rap. I will leave this site as it is not who I am as a Brother and hunter. Fun is one thing but I hear false childlike bullying. Folks if this is who we are I have nothing but pity for you. I am trying to get my grandchildren involved. The more I see on these sites, the less I can advocate them learning the wood and respectful hunting from this website. Be careful. Ask around.

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchsun View Post
              Unreal. No wonder hunters are getting such a bad rap. I will leave this site as it is not who I am as a Brother and hunter. Fun is one thing but I hear false childlike bullying. Folks if this is who we are I have nothing but pity for you. I am trying to get my grandchildren involved. The more I see on these sites, the less I can advocate them learning the wood and respectful hunting from this website. Be careful. Ask around.
              As you said BYE

Comment

As you said BYE

Has the rut started in Somerville? Seems to be going everywhere else, Thx

Comment

Originally posted by forest-hunter View Post
                  Saw two bucks and a doe last weekend and each were by themselves and didn't really seem interested in anything else. Everything I have on cameras is by itself also. My guess would be no.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by forest-hunter View Post
                    First week of dec is when its started past 3 seasons so it shouldnt be long

Comment

First week of dec is when its started past 3 seasons so it shouldnt be long

ThankYou

Comment

Originally posted by greenmonstah View Post
                        Saw two bucks and a doe last weekend and each were by themselves and didn't really seem interested in anything else. Everything I have on cameras is by itself also. My guess would be no.

ThankYou

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggwild View Post
                          I agree 100%

A lot of the guys here will share info. Walking into this group with “I’m gonna go tromping around” is not a great way to join in!
                          Exactly!!!

All these ingnorant newcomers saying this is public land and I'll do whatever I want, have no idea how much each existing hunter has invested.

This my 2nd season and before I even step a foot on this land, I read ALL posts in this thread. I was new to PL hunting as well, but I wasn't going to just go and see what's what before learning about "unwritten rules". I did my scouting well before a deer season. That's just common sense and respectful to others.

But if you still decide to do it, God help you if you ruin my hunt. I hunt weekdays mostly btw.

Comment

Originally posted by verter View Post
                            Exactly!!!

All these ingnorant newcomers saying this is public land and I'll do whatever I want, have no idea how much each existing hunter has invested.

This my 2nd season and before I even step a foot on this land, I read ALL posts in this thread. I was new to PL hunting as well, but I wasn't going to just go and see what's what before learning about "unwritten rules". I did my scouting well before a deer season. That's just common sense and respectful to others.

But if you still decide to do it, God help you if you ruin my hunt. I hunt weekdays mostly btw.
                            This could get very interesting lol

Comment

Originally posted by verter View Post
                              Exactly!!!

Let me start by saying that I am 100% in agreeance with you. My question is this. A buddy and I discussed going and hunting Sam Houston one weekend this season just to do something different. I wasn't going to scout but we were going to go in early just like a regular hunt and pick a spot according to what we saw on a map. Usually it's dark when you arrive so there's no way to really know if you are on top of someone else. If I saw any signs of another hunter being around I would move along. Is that really an issue?

Comment

Originally posted by greenmonstah View Post
                                Let me start by saying that I am 100% in agreeance with you. My question is this. A buddy and I discussed going and hunting Sam Houston one weekend this season just to do something different. I wasn't going to scout but we were going to go in early just like a regular hunt and pick a spot according to what we saw on a map. Usually it's dark when you arrive so there's no way to really know if you are on top of someone else. If I saw any signs of another hunter being around I would move along. Is that really an issue?

Most of us have multiple spots picked out so I do what ya want just saying depending on the day I'll ruin both our hunts for the fun of it lol

Comment

Working...
                                X