• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try Caddo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug1076 View Post
      Random question of the week....Anyone on here ever hunted public land turkeys? I have shot a turkey on private but never public. Searched a little and saw LBJ grasslands. A few places out East but doesn’t sound as good. If anyone else is interested in heading somewhere public let me know and we can team up or something.
      What's crazy is that there are huge flocks of turkeys in the town of Somerville and the rural communities. My cousin lives close to Welch Park and they literally have traffic jams because of the turkeys. I've never heard a turkey out in the PL areas though. Never once.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by greenmonstah View Post
        What's crazy is that there are huge flocks of turkeys in the town of Somerville and the rural communities. My cousin lives close to Welch Park and they literally have traffic jams because of the turkeys. I've never heard a turkey out in the PL areas though. Never once.

In 10 yrs I havent either which is why we dont have a season lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone used turkey Guillotine broadheads before?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GD47 View Post
            Now I could go for something like this! Let's make it happen!

Nice! I’ll keep doing research and let everyone know maybe a good weekend we could road trip somewhere. May not have any luck but could have fun camping and sharing hunting stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggwild View Post
              Try Caddo

Thank you, I’ll check it out for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug1076 View Post
                I wish I had been out there today with the wind shifting from North wind to a South wind. Saturday should be good if that wind shift from South back to a North wind will hold out until day light hours. Bucks will move and change bedding locations when that wind direction changes. Plus another cold front with rising pressures should have them looking for food. I hope someone busts one! Good luck!
                You haven't lost much. I've been sitting here since 6:30, only saw a coyote. Same story on Monday. I think they've gotten too educated by now.

Comment

Originally posted by verter View Post
                  You haven't lost much. I've been sitting here since 6:30, only saw a coyote. Same story on Monday. I think they've gotten too educated by now.
                  That stinks! It’s been misting in College Station all day, roads have a fair amount of water already. Hopefully it’s not bad out there especially with rain later in the week. Good luck.

Comment

I'm off work Monday so I guess I can go hunt some hogs. Probably see nothing but deer and no hogs. I'll be wherever there's dry land on Sunday to give it one last go for a buck but it looks like slim pickens.

Comment

Well I wouldn’t of believed it unless I saw it. Stumbled upon a group of about 5 wild eastern turkeys in the middle of yegua off of county road 133 I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post
                        Well I wouldn’t of believed it unless I saw it. Stumbled upon a group of about 5 wild eastern turkeys in the middle of yegua off of county road 133 I believe.

***!!!!!!

Comment

That’s awesome to see! Thanks for sharing. Hopefully they can start growing in numbers out there and maybe one day be able to hunt them.

How’s the creek levels and roads look? I’m sure it’s really wet but just curious if it’s about the same as it has been. I guess it also depends on how much rain comes tonight too. If it’s too bad, I’ll just fish the banks near Irwin all weekend.

Comment

Everything is wet but not too much water out of place. Roads are all clear and no standing water along the sides

Comment

Everything is wet but not too much water out of place. Roads are all clear and no standing water along the sides
                              Storm is about to roll in and last until 3am. I'm not sure what kind of damage that's going to do.

Comment

Nice, I am heading out there tomorrow morning!

Comment

Working...
                                X