2018 TPWD Draw Hunts - let the fun begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
    I always liked it when I called and the female voice would say "you have won a hunt".
    Yeah but more often we heard YOU....have not been selected. Seemed there was a emphasis put on you then a pause for dramatic effect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Well dang. Thought after 5 years I finally drew something. That’s horse [emoji90].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
        Yeah but more often we heard YOU....have not been selected. Seemed there was a emphasis put on you then a pause for dramatic effect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
        .....****, really liked hearing that voice, too. Was such a rush to hear, 'you won a hunt' !!!!

And to all reminiscing about the 'paper' days, no tellin' how many times they screwed that up. Back then we just had no community to have a way to verify with one another,
        like now.

Comment

Anyone win an archery hunt at Abilene or Brownwood?

Comment

0-3 today, but still have 7 more for the 8-15 deadline.

Comment

Sorry late to the party... I put my daughter in for the max amount it would let me and NADA so far.....

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                Anyone win an archery hunt at Abilene or Brownwood?
                I put in for both and didnt draw either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

This is hilarious, I've hated this new online system from the start, now everybody else does too

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
                    Didn’t this happen with fort boggy last year?
                    Yep. Happened to me.

Comment

Just got this email from TPWD:

Dear Public Hunter,

We recently discovered a serious mistake that affects you. Regrettably, you were among a group of hunters selected in error during a random computer drawing for Archery Deer at Choke Canyon State Park - North Shore or Fort Boggy State Park. The error allowed more hunt groups to be drawn than the area and deer population can support. We sincerely apologize for this error. The only safe, fair, and equitable solution is to withdraw the hunt permits and restore loyalty points for those hunters drawn in error. If you have already paid your permit fees, a refund will be charged back to you credit card. None of the other hunt categories having an August 15, 2018 application deadline were affected by this error.

We apologize for this mistake and appreciate your continued support of TPWD and the Public Hunting Program.

Comment

I’ve been drawn twice with the new system, devils river exotic 2 yrs ago and chap this yr. my 5th tine since 2006 to go to chap. Don’t see anything wrong with the current system. Lots of tbhers have been drawn on many hunts as well last few yrs. I’m sure there has been many mistakes with the old system it just took so long they prob caught the problem before it was made public.
                        Just a thought

Comment

The Russians hacked us???������

Comment

Originally posted by Clyde_G View Post

Dear Public Hunter,

We recently discovered a serious mistake that affects you. Regrettably, you were among a group of hunters selected in error during a random computer drawing for Archery Deer at Choke Canyon State Park - North Shore or Fort Boggy State Park. The error allowed more hunt groups to be drawn than the area and deer population can support. We sincerely apologize for this error. The only safe, fair, and equitable solution is to withdraw the hunt permits and restore loyalty points for those hunters drawn in error. If you have already paid your permit fees, a refund will be charged back to you credit card. None of the other hunt categories having an August 15, 2018 application deadline were affected by this error.

We apologize for this mistake and appreciate your continued support of TPWD and the Public Hunting Program.
                            Looks like my James Daughtrey draw is legit then!

Saweet

Comment

I have hunted Choke North Shore. Not sure you guys are really missing out on anything.

The land owners to the north feed their place HEAVILY prior to the hunt and draw many of the deer off the WMA. I did shot a pig on our hunt, but was the only one to draw blood. Only 3 deer were seen the entire hunt on the whole place, and of course, all were way outside of bow range.

Comment

Originally posted by Clyde_G View Post

Dear Public Hunter,

Just received the same email.

Comment

Working...
                                X