No announcement yet.

2018 TPWD Draw Hunts - let the fun begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm at zero draws this year, only hope now is for the exotics.

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Comment

0 for 14 for deer categories for me this year, 0 for 20 overall. This is with 6 or 7 pref points for every deer category. I've literally never drawn any hunt in any category LOL. Not really gonna complain though, my youngest son has drawn three deer hunts (two this year), middle son drew two deer and a hog hunt. Good thing I keep putting them in. Probably gonna suck when I finally do draw I'll end up with 10 hunts same freaking year.
      Last edited by justletmein; 09-27-2018, 03:43 AM.

Comment

Just got back from my Private Lands Pronghorn hunt. West Dallam County Ranch. Awesome hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by Palehorse View Post
          Just got back from my Private Lands Pronghorn hunt. West Dallam County Ranch. Awesome hunt!

Yeah buddy! Beautiful Pronghorn[emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

congrats on the goat

Comment

Nice goat! What was the private land hunt like?

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
                Nice goat! What was the private land hunt like?
                It was a great experience. Unlike the other Private Lands Pronghorn hunts which are guided, I was just given a big tract of land and they turned me loose. Never saw another person while I was hunting. Just the way I like it.

The ranch owner had an emergency right before I got there so unfortunately I wasn't able to meet him in person. Talking to him on the phone, I got the impression that he was a fine gentleman. Talking to his friend that got me lined out on where and where not to hunt confirmed it. His friend was there taking 3 young boys hunting and was a fine gentleman himself.

I feel very fortunate to have been able to hunt there.

Comment

Very nice! Congrats on getting it done on a drawn hunt!

Comment

It was a great experience. Unlike the other Private Lands Pronghorn hunts which are guided, I was just given a big tract of land and they turned me loose. Never saw another person while I was hunting. Just the way I like it.

The ranch owner had an emergency right before I got there so unfortunately I wasn't able to meet him in person. Talking to him on the phone, I got the impression that he was a fine gentleman. Talking to his friend that got me lined out on where and where not to hunt confirmed it. His friend was there taking 3 young boys hunting and was a fine gentleman himself.

Congrats! Glad it turned out so well for you. Spot and stalk, Hunt a water hole? How did it happen?

Comment

I never get drawn, but there is only one that really matters to me.

Comment

That's awesome, congrats

Comment

Originally posted by Jen-Man View Post
                          Congrats! Glad it turned out so well for you. Spot and stalk, Hunt a water hole? How did it happen?

Spot and stalk. He was bedded down and all I saw were horns sticking up above the grass. It was windy as hell crosswind and I didn't want to risk a long shot. I snuck up on him using a Big Red Moo Cow decoy. When I got just inside a 100 yards, the wind gusted and folded up my decoy right when he was looking at me. He got up to run but it was too late, I already had the crosshairs on him. He took one step after the shot and it was over.

Comment

Congrats! What a great draw to win. Nice buck!

Comment

Spot and stalk. He was bedded down and all I saw were horns sticking up above the grass. It was windy as hell crosswind and I didn't want to risk a long shot. I snuck up on him using a Big Red Moo Cow decoy. When I got just inside a 100 yards, the wind gusted and folded up my decoy right when he was looking at me. He got up to run but it was too late, I already had the crosshairs on him. He took one step after the shot and it was over.

That’s great. Again, thanks for sharing.

Comment

i put in for a number of ecard hunts that were suppose to draw on monday. how long does it normally take for the system to update? Some of them updated, but most did not.

Comment

Working...
                                X