No announcement yet.

2018 TPWD Draw Hunts - let the fun begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just looked and for GDE I struck out. Richland GDE is the only one I registered for.

It looks like GDM and National Refuge haven't been drawn yet.

Comment

Well Crap, we got drawn for kickapoo cavern GDE.........BUT its the same hunt date as our chap archery hunt. Sucks...if you are pending second draw there will be at least one group of permits available.
      Was really hoping for matador or devils river DAH

Comment

Drew Brazos Bend State Park, Rifle, Either Sex 11/13-15 hunt. Anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
          I had forgot that the mule deer and archery exotic hunts don’t draw until 10/15, not sure why they would wait so long on those hunts

You know why? So more people can spend money applying.

Comment

Just saw where I drew GDE at Dan Allen Hughes Devils River!

Comment

Struck out on all my GDE entries. Still waiting on refuge and USFS permits to draw.

Comment

Struck out on GDM. Only applied for Daughtery WMA. I'm fine with accumulating points on that and GDE this year.

Comment

Struck out on GDE and GDM with multiple entries. Not too surprised, only 2 points in GDE and I put in for mostly hunts with long odds.

Now the long wait for Mule deer and exotic. Not much time to plan for those if drawn but will make it work.

Comment

And no go on National Refuge hunt at Balcones Canyonland.

Comment

What does pending 2nd draw mean?

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
                        What does pending 2nd draw mean?
                        It means you didn't get drawn in the initial draw. Those who were drawn have a week or so to pay for their hunt. Any unpaid spots are redrawn in the second draw.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                          It means you didn't get drawn in the initial draw. Those who were drawn have a week or so to pay for their hunt. Any unpaid spots are redrawn in the second draw.
                          So are all applicants in the 2nd draw if not selected off the bat? Or is the 2nd draw better odds than that? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
                            So are all applicants in the 2nd draw if not selected off the bat? Or is the 2nd draw better odds than that? Thanks
                            Any applicants for a particular hunt that didn't get drawn are put back into the hopper for the second draw.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
                              You know why? So more people can spend money applying.
                              LOL, yep.

Comment

are they not sending out postcards any more for the non-draws ?

Comment

Working...
                                X