No announcement yet.

2018 TPWD Draw Hunts - let the fun begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showing pending 2nd draw for all of my private lands entries. But since there is no permit fee, will they even have a second draw?

Comment

My kiddo got Matagorda Island either sex and Chaparral doe/spike. I'm officially jealous, think he's gonna be doing some extra chores lol.

Comment

Struck out once again.

Comment

Got picked for Travis County for Anterless or Spike Buck for Nov 8-10.

Got on this about 4 years ago and had fun.

Comment

Originally posted by mooney_ag View Post
            0 for 5 today

Us too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

1 for 46 still more to go! F'IT!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Got drawn for PL Deer on Terrell County ranch. Anyone been there? Also drew second draw NWR archery Deer 0n Teniente. I have done this hunt and killed a cow but it is a tough hunt for sure

Comment

I won the first hunt at Kerrville Schreiner Park. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Drawn for Big Bottom Lake also

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                      I won the first hunt at Kerrville Schreiner Park. Looking forward to it.
                      I got second draw for that one. I'm interested to see how you do!

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                        My kiddo got Matagorda Island either sex and Chaparral doe/spike. I'm officially jealous, think he's gonna be doing some extra chores lol.

Congrats. Been to Matagorda a couple times 6 or 8 years ago. Awesome place and lots of neat civil war and world war history. Wasn’t a lot of big bucks but they didn’t have any antler restrictions back then. I think they do now. Really enjoyed that place and want to go back. Bring your fishing gear and throw a line in between hunts.

Nephew got drawn for James daughtrey youth antlerless. Happy about that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mjjust View Post
                          Congrats. Been to Matagorda a couple times 6 or 8 years ago. Awesome place and lots of neat civil war and world war history. Wasn’t a lot of big bucks but they didn’t have any antler restrictions back then. I think they do now. Really enjoyed that place and want to go back. Bring your fishing gear and throw a line in between hunts.

Nephew got drawn for James daughtrey youth antlerless. Happy about that one.
                          Nice, we really like Daughtry had an incredible youth hog hunt there years ago.

We camp on the island few times a year and duck hunt out there, very familiar. Got a fish camp on the other side of Pass Cavallo now as well but still planning to camp for this hunt because it adds to the overall experience.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                            I'm really not sure why sometimes it goes straight to not selected, I saw that last year, its like there is only a smaller pool of people that are eligible for the 2nd draw or there is something wrong with their system. All mine for the sept. 1 draws are pending 2nd now.
                            Hunt managers select whether or not to have a 2nd draw for each hunt. So some hunts have it and some hunts dont.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                              Nice, we really like Daughtry had an incredible youth hog hunt there years ago.

We camp on the island few times a year and duck hunt out there, very familiar. Got a fish camp on the other side of Pass Cavallo now as well but still planning to camp for this hunt because it adds to the overall experience.
                              I was drawn for it last year and got my buck in the first 30 minutes of the hunt. A lot of good bucks were taken last year.

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                                I got second draw for that one. I'm interested to see how you do!

Doug
                                Talk to Mike Long
                                I think he spends a lot of time out there

Comment

Working...
                                X