2018 TPWD Draw Hunts - let the fun begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmw View Post
    Yeah, I can understand that. Must be nice though to have your own place that you can fall back on if you don't get drawn though.

Yeah it is nice to have a place for a doe but bucks are few and far between. I’m 37 and have hunted that property my whole life and have killed 3 bucks total, so it’s nice to go somewhere else where you don’t know what will show up

Comment

Originally posted by krausejmk View Post
      Yeah it is nice to have a place for a doe but bucks are few and far between. I’m 37 and have hunted that property my whole life and have killed 3 bucks total, so it’s nice to go somewhere else where you don’t know what will show up
      Makes sense. Like I originally said, I think I'm just bitter that I haven't been selected yet. Part of it too is that I didn't hunt at all last year because Harvey did a number on us, so I'm eager to try to get out there this year. I applied for 37 different ones so far, so there's still hope.

Comment

Originally posted by jmw View Post
        Makes sense. Like I originally said, I think I'm just bitter that I haven't been selected yet. Part of it too is that I didn't hunt at all last year because Harvey did a number on us, so I'm eager to try to get out there this year. I applied for 37 different ones so far, so there's still hope.

I hear ya. I put in for 5 years before I got drawn.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
          For sure out of state should have to pay way more to enter, or not be allowed to enter at all.
          An adult non resident pays $315 for a hunting license.
          $290 more than a resident

I think they are bent enough as is.

Comment

Originally posted by oxZeke View Post
            An adult non resident pays $315 for a hunting license.
            $290 more than a resident

I think they are bent enough as is.
            I don't think they are, any state that limits non-resident tags should be restricted on texas tags also.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
              I don't think they are, any state that limits non-resident tags should be restricted on texas tags also.
              I agree with that.

Comment

A nonresident quota will mean a certain percentage of tags are off limits to residents. Would you rather have a small chance at 100% of the tags or a small chance at less than 100% of the tags?

Has anyone ever asked TPWD to see how many nonresidents apply?

Comment

Originally posted by bigchiefj View Post
                  A nonresident quota will mean a certain percentage of tags are off limits to residents. Would you rather have a small chance at 100% of the tags or a small chance at less than 100% of the tags?

Has anyone ever asked TPWD to see how many nonresidents apply?
                  Unlike other states I doubt it's many at all.. Not counting the sheep draw, I would probably guess less than 10% and most are Texans that moved away??

Comment

I'm not sure either but I'd guess once most out of staters see how bad our draw odds are most don't even bother applying.

Comment

Well just donated $42 more dollars last night! Lol Applied for gun deer either sex and private lands.

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                        Well just donated $42 more dollars last night! Lol Applied for gun deer either sex and private lands.
                        Don't let the whiners get to you, you are 100% gauranteed to not draw if you don't enter.

Worst case scenario you made a $42 donation to creating more wildlife in TX!

Comment

TPWD is now rejecting me to place my applications for Sept 1 deadlines. Never had this. Brought my license last week.

Anyone else run into this issue? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                            TPWD is now rejecting me to place my applications for Sept 1 deadlines. Never had this. Brought my license last week.

Anyone else run into this issue? Thanks
                            Some of the hunts require the annual public hunting (APH) permit. If you didn't purchase that then that could be your issue?

Comment

I just applied for both private lands and got them accepted but e postcard is rejecting me. Never had an APH permit to apply for e postcard. Confused here.

Comment

Yep, e-postcard requires aph, new this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X