Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's cause they smelled that deer meat you were eating [emoji23]
    Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
    No deer today. Didn’t even see one. That’s unusual for that spot. Still good to be out there.

And no Harry, I’ve never used it. I kill deer without it but my brother and some buddies swear by it.
    Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
      Quick poll
      Anyone use ozonics and do you recommend? Any success?
      I use an off brand one. I've killed with and without it. However I've killed with it numerous times when deer came from downwind and I shot them downwind.

I've NEVER killed a deer downwind without one.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
        Anybody spend much time in the archery only secion north of Huntsville sp? Found a bedding area near some white oaks. Was back in some THICK brush. Found some scrapes but then found someone's old trail tape a little ways south that i can't imagine being a good route in normal wind. Guess im just asking if anyone's seen much deer traffic or mostly people. Only one black truck saturday morning luckily, but not sure what to expect going forward.
        Hahah! Yeah I spend lots time there, still have trail am. If that tape pink/silver that is my tape. Took a nice buck out of there. Haven't seen that many people in there over 8+ years I'm hunting in there. When gun season comes you may see more deer moving round

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
          I use an off brand one. I've killed with and without it. However I've killed with it numerous times when deer came from downwind and I shot them downwind.

I've NEVER killed a deer downwind without one.

Which one you use?

Comment

Thanks guys I need all the edge I can get

Comment

I have stooped around the ozonics and scent crusher bag for a while. Sunday was very uneventful until about 5:15 pm. I had a buck i got on camera one time at this scrape come and pay me a visit while i was 12 yards from the scrape. My wind was blowing east with a slight shift every once in a while i guess just enough to carry over to the trail leading into the scrape line. He was cruising on in and stoped dead in his tracks and stood what seemed like a whole hr just licking his nose and looking left and right. he didnt come down the trail but headed towards the scrape. He was about 14 yards when i drew my bow thinking i had the drop still and nope he jumped shipped at the slightest movement. I was defeated but all because of the smallest wind shift maybe 2 times it happened cost me that shot. Now im seriously considering buyin a ozonics. i sweat so bad even after i change before i climb up. I hunted tuesday all day 2 diffrent setups and not one sighting. the scrape i hunted was hit by a doe on monday. May lay low all weekend and go back during the week next week!

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is the one Damien uses
                Ozone Air treatment Machine, generates an adjustable 100 mg/hr - 500 mg/hr of ozone, intended for larger and more contaminated areas. Purifies and Sanitizes

Comment

It's still a little warm for any real good deer movement. Deer can actually smell better with moisture in the air. That's why they lick their nose a lot and with all the rain we've had lately. It's easy for them to know something not right.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWhackABuck View Post
                    It's cause they smelled that deer meat you were eating [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
                    Probably so! Lol

Comment

I've sent a couple emails and spoken to someone at TPWD about this. This is their first attempt at making things better.
                      They are aware that people are applying for the tag that don't even live in the area, and have no intention of hunting in the Sam.
                      They see a free tag and apply. Once they win the tag they start looking for the dates of the "hunt" and then realize their mistake.
                      I've asked them to consider making the tag transferable. If not a straight transfer, then an option would be to be able to collect the tags issued to people that won't use them and allow them to be sent back and re issued.
                      If any of you get a chance, y'all should send an email or give them a call and voice your opinion. They are actually very receptive to ideas. At least they listened and who knows what may come of it.

I realize that this is a necro response, but I had to throw my two cents in here.

I am one of those hunters that drew rifle doe tag and didn't hunt that year (2017). I had full intention of doing so, but work kept me in south Texas much of the season, and I had family hunts planned on our little farm near Timpson. With my job I get a call on a friday afternoon and I may have to leave for several weeks at a time with short notice, and that really kills my hunting season plans more often than not. I would love to be able to transfer my tag to another random hunter that year IF it gives me an a guarantee that I will draw another tag next year. I held off on applying for this year because of my inability to hunt the sam last year specifically to hopefully give one of you (or another hunter) a chance at some venison that I may or may not be able to hunt for this year.

I entered the draw last year for meat only, and I will enter the draw next year for meat only reasons as well. Mama has to have those backstrap steaks! And our freezer is completely emply.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                        Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is the one Damien uses
                        https://www.amazing1.com/products/oz...-500mg-hr.html
                        That's the one. I changed the outer housing to something more durable.

Comment

That's the one. I changed the outer housing to something more durable.

How long does a charge last?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
                            How long does a charge last?

It doesn't have a battery. I use a deer feeder battery right now, but I'm working on a new solution.
                            There is a thread here about battery hacks for ozonics. That's where I'm getting info from.

Comment

It doesn't have a battery. I use a deer feeder battery right now, but I'm working on a new solution.
                              There is a thread here about battery hacks for ozonics. That's where I'm getting info from.

Good deal. Once you work out the kinks for us, let us know lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
                                Good deal. Once you work out the kinks for us, let us know lol.

Check it out. Maybe you can help.

Comment

Working...
                                X