No announcement yet.

Shnf '18-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chief, I don't hate them deer as much as I use to when I was younger. But I still hate them pretty bad.

Comment

I sure hope you get a good one this year Robert.

Comment

Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
        Chief, I don't hate them deer as much as I use to when I was younger. But I still hate them pretty bad.
        I sure hope you get a good one this year Robert.
        Haha I don't hate em, I love em. They're delicious [emoji16]. That's why I want more of em. And as long as I get some does I'll be happy. Wouldn't mind a buck outside 13" but that's icing on the cake

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by roguecraft101 View Post
          Anyone gonna be out tuesday/weds?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
          I’ll be out there Wednesday. Staying till at least noon. Hopefully only an hour or two for deer #3. Just deboned those other two today and made some axis jerky and my goodness it’s good!!!

Comment

Lee I saw the spike,what other deer did you take?

Comment

Lee I saw the spike,what other deer did you take?
              A doe on Sunday. That heifer wouldn’t quit blowing at me! She was with 3 other does. Had to put my ninja skills in high gear.

Comment

Does any one know where I can check what roads are open and when?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                  Honestly I've never thought to check. Might have that info at the ranger station if you give them a call or they may have a special map listing

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post

I thought that they didn’t open up any of the roads for any type of transportation other than National Forest related stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fmlyoutdoorsman View Post
                      I thought that they didn’t open up any of the roads for any type of transportation other than National Forest related stuff.

No, there are something like 6 to 8 fs roads that are opened from Oct.1st till January 1st

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWhackABuck View Post
                        No, there are something like 6 to 8 fs roads that are opened from Oct.1st till January 1st

Go to this link and click SHNF.
                        Looks like this map shows the roads that are open

Comment

Yep looks like it

Comment

Anybody spend much time in the archery only secion north of Huntsville sp? Found a bedding area near some white oaks. Was back in some THICK brush. Found some scrapes but then found someone's old trail tape a little ways south that i can't imagine being a good route in normal wind. Guess im just asking if anyone's seen much deer traffic or mostly people. Only one black truck saturday morning luckily, but not sure what to expect going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
                              Anybody spend much time in the archery only secion north of Huntsville sp? Found a bedding area near some white oaks. Was back in some THICK brush. Found some scrapes but then found someone's old trail tape a little ways south that i can't imagine being a good route in normal wind. Guess im just asking if anyone's seen much deer traffic or mostly people. Only one black truck saturday morning luckily, but not sure what to expect going forward.
                              That place is covered with hunters. They park way down the frontage road on both sides.

Comment

Lee, Congrats on the doe.

Comment

Working...
                                X