Shnf '18-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
    Might have to plan a dinner. Hard to attend a lunch during an all day sit. I typically do all day sits opening weekend as people are constantly walking around pushing up deer.
    Always heard it was really crowded up there. Grew up around justin and Decatur and never went out there, to hunt anyway, because people always said it was so hard to hunt without people walking by.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
      We tried fish pond one year. I don't think they were ready for us. Took 1.5 hours to get our food. It wasn't that good in my opinion. ( At least what I had)
      I like the Waverly house better.
      I'm open to suggestions, but I don't know of that many places.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Well it looks like it going to be the pizza shack, the Waverly House is closed.

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
        Always heard it was really crowded up there. Grew up around justin and Decatur and never went out there, to hunt anyway, because people always said it was so hard to hunt without people walking by.

It’s all small units with a lot of horse trails so it can be pretty hard to get out away from everyone. The biggest thing is the amount of pressure changes the patterns around so often it’s hard to keep track of. Already noticed most of the bucks on my cameras have been pushed more nocturnal by the increased level of scouting over the past month. It’s still a place to hunt though and being able to be in my stand 1 hour from the house or 30 minutes from work is pretty nice though. Im sure every public spot in Texas has its own unique challenges and frustrations.

Comment

Sure feels good out here this morning. Wish it was a bit cooler and was going to be like this on Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
            Sure feels good out here this morning. Wish it was a bit cooler and was going to be like this on Saturday

Feels great, hope the wind stays like this too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good morning....Any of you guy's ever stay at Hillcrest RV Campground just East of New Waverly on 150?

Thinking of staying there first weekend in October.

Comment

Originally posted by fmlyoutdoorsman View Post
                Feels great, hope the wind stays like this too

It won’t.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                  It won’t.
                  John It is just going to be hot , muggy and wet with a 100 percent chance of being swarmed by mosquitoes

Comment

Anyone camping this weekend?

Comment

No cooper I don’t stay there and no I won’t be camping rogue but yes, this morning felt good.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
                        John It is just going to be hot , muggy and wet with a 100 percent chance of being swarmed by mosquitoes
                        Pretty much.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                          No cooper I don’t stay there and no I won’t be camping rogue but yes, this morning felt good.
                          Thanks.....do you know anything about the campground or heard anything good or bad?

Comment

Originally posted by Cooper View Post
                            Thanks.....do you know anything about the campground or heard anything good or bad?
                            No sir. No help here. Sorry bud.

Comment

Question for the more experienced hunters in the group. I have yet to be out in the Sam during heavy rains. If any of you have, what does the deer movement look like? Chance of rain looks like 80% for opening day so just curious what deer will do that day.

Comment

Wandering (David) and I will be at the lease this weekend trying to get one. Good luck to all my huntin' buddies out in the Sam. Hope ya'll get a great big one. I want to see some LDP's later.

Comment

Working...
                                X