Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

James Daughtrey hog hunt in February 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 day and counting. .............

Comment

Standing by.

Comment

In to see results! Good luck!

Comment

So the day has come gents. It's 0130 hours and I can't sleep. I'll post up pics and maybe a small write-up once I get there. It's my first bow hunt in about 25 yrs so needless to say I'm pumped. Hope to see some of you out there.

Comment

Ok so I made it in time for the check-in. Stay tuned for some wild hawg action folks.

Comment

Good luck! Ready for some reports

Comment

Good luck!!! I hope you have a blast and are also able to get a pig or two.

I'm looking forward to following along on this thread.

Comment

Good luck

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck, I drove by that area on Thursday / Friday and saw tons of hogs / javelinas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Which compartment did you draw?

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
                        Which compartment did you draw?
                        I drew compartment #3. In the first 20 minutes I had 5 does within 30yds. The javalinas showed up about 3pm. I had tons of them within 15yds. Unfortunately the piggies didn't show up today. Gonna give it a second go around tomorrow. I'm hunting from a portable blind and baiting the hunting area with stinky corn and plain corn on the road.

Comment

So I'm out here again in compartment #3. I'm starting to believe this compartment doesn't hold any hogs. It has tons of Javis and deer, but still no hogs. I scouted the whole area on the first day and didn't see a lick of hog sign. These guys beat me to the blind today. Will keep hoping for the best.

Comment

Hang in there. That WMA has a bunch of hogs. Did the deer management hunt there a few years ago and didn't see any hogs the first few sits. All of a sudden, they just showed up. Keep the golden kernels flowing and hopefully they will find them. The javelinas are a pain in the butt though. They can hoover up corn faster than anything. Good luck.

Comment

Giving it another whirl today. Hopefully 3rd time is a charm.

Comment

I'm so upset with myself. I left my portable blind too early cuz on my way out at 6:30pm the dang hogs showed up. it was too late to get my bow out. We'll, at least they found my stinky corn. Hahahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X