Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
    So was it you that took it?
    Do you think it's OK to steal someone else's property whether on private land or public?

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk
    yeah it was me. Keep thinking that.

Comment

Feedback

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
      Best advice I can give you is to scout a bunch in the off season and let cameras do the sitting for you. My time is very limited so I am typically unwilling to sit a spot that has not been proven by a camera. I prefer to leave cameras out dor an entire season and then pull them. This gets me a very comprehensive look at animal activity as well as people pressure. Season wraps up soon. Take those kiddos out scouting/squirrel hunting after it closes. Sign tends to be a bit more obvious this time of year because all of the foliage is gone.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
      Thank you LeanMachine for your response. I bought a camera last week and have it working for me currently. I am a little late to the game for this season there. I’m planning on getting at least one more camera if not two for next season, to multiply my info. I’m hoping one out of four takes to and enjoys the hunt. Where do you hunt often?

Comment

Originally posted by ToddDaRealMcCoy View Post
        Thank you LeanMachine for your response. I bought a camera last week and have it working for me currently. I am a little late to the game for this season there. I’m planning on getting at least one more camera if not two for next season, to multiply my info. I’m hoping one out of four takes to and enjoys the hunt. Where do you hunt often?

No offense, but most public land hunters won’t answer a question like ‘where do you hunt?’.

As you are just starting to learn finding good spots and success on public can be quite difficult. Folks don’t come off that info easy, especially true for a random internet person…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Army of Dad View Post
          No offense, but most public land hunters won’t answer a question like ‘where do you hunt?’.

As you are just starting to learn finding good spots and success on public can be quite difficult. Folks don’t come off that info easy, especially true for a random internet person…

Yep, most would rather give up a good woman than give away a good hunting spot. Lol

Comment

Haha. I understand. I wasn’t looking for specifics. It was a more general question.

Comment

Cooper WMA

Haha. I understand. I wasn’t looking for specifics. It was a more general question.

Oh, well in that case I’ll answer.

Mostly in Texas, but sometimes in other states as well.

(Sorry that’s as close as I get) [emoji23]

Comment

You say you are spooking deer on your way in. Hunt where you see deer.

Comment

deer are where you find them...or, you find them where they are. I can't remember which.

it takes time. just keep grinding. And when you do spook deer, go back and look around. Ask, why were they here (in a real sense, not a metaphysical one).

Comment

Each year is different but if you find the food you find the deer.... Look for thickets near fields, late season mast, honeysuckle, wax myrtle, honey locusts pods and small maple trees....

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

What do deer eat on a small maple tree?

Comment

Once the leaf turns reddish they eat it.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                          deer are where you find them...or, you find them where they are. I can't remember which.

it takes time. just keep grinding. And when you do spook deer, go back and look around. Ask, why were they here (in a real sense, not a metaphysical one).
                          Thanks. I went back to where I spooked dear. I found some acorn producing trees and some tall grass. I placed a camera nearby and am hopeful it reveals regular traffic.

Comment

Overall herd health and antler quality question?
                            Seeing as we have suffered from a lack of considerable rainfall for 2 seasons, what effect will this have on the overall herd and antler quality? Cooper in most parts is dry and quality browse is slim to say the least.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
                              Overall herd health and antler quality question?
                              Seeing as we have suffered from a lack of considerable rainfall for 2 seasons, what effect will this have on the overall herd and antler quality? Cooper in most parts is dry and quality browse is slim to say the least.

Target areas near/borders agriculure. And, keep an eye out for Chris Fried. He out there.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                                Target areas near/borders agriculure. And, keep an eye out for Chris Fried. He out there.
                                Gonna be interesting

Comment

Working...
                                X