• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I be going on my first hunt of the year on this Thursday

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck to y’all! Can’t do much worse then i have

Comment

Truck is in the shop this week so no hunting for me. But come next week, I'll be out at least 1 day a week, sometimes 2.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hunted this evening. Killed a cotonmouth on the way in and on the way out. 2 in one hunt! They are out in full force guys, right along the walking paths too. Had a pack of hogs come by at 25 yds but decided not to shoot again. Still yet to see a deer while hunting. Stay safe.

Comment

Originally posted by fowltrouble2 View Post
            Hunted this evening. Killed a cotonmouth on the way in and on the way out. 2 in one hunt! They are out in full force guys, right along the walking paths too. Had a pack of hogs come by at 25 yds but decided not to shoot again. Still yet to see a deer while hunting. Stay safe.
            If you mind me asking, what was the temperature like?

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
              If you mind me asking, what was the temperature like?

It was mid 80s on the way in and probably mid 70s on walk out.

Comment

I'm hanging out in the tree tops now... No deer but more importantly no snakes....[emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]...about 70'ish right now

Comment

Best of luck

Comment

These cooler temps have me wanting to get back out again bad. But no truck. Hopefully ill get it back tomorrow. Probably be Monday though, so I'll be out next week. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Comment

Is baiting allowed at Cooper for deer? I wouldn’t think it would do much good because of all of the hogs but when I look on TPWD and in the booklet, it never mentions baiting be legal or illegal. Figured I’d ask here.

Comment

Is baiting allowed at Cooper for deer? I wouldn’t think it would do much good because of all of the hogs but when I look on TPWD and in the booklet, it never mentions baiting be legal or illegal. Figured I’d ask here.

No, it’s not legal on Cooper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Army of Dad View Post
                          No, it’s not legal on Cooper.

Thanks! I figured they would spell it out for you but good to know!

Comment

Thanks! I figured they would spell it out for you but good to know!

They do. It’s listed in the Prohibited Acts section on page xi:
                            A person on Public Hunting Lands commits an offense if that person:
                            ...hunts over a baited area except as authorized by the department for a specific unit, activity, and time period

So, for APH lands baiting is prohibited unless specifically authorized in the rules for a given property.

Comment

Originally posted by Army of Dad View Post
                              They do. It’s listed in the Prohibited Acts section on page xi:
                              A person on Public Hunting Lands commits an offense if that person:
                              ...hunts over a baited area except as authorized by the department for a specific unit, activity, and time period

So, for APH lands baiting is prohibited unless specifically authorized in the rules for a given property.

Good info thanks! I guess i never found that section. I used to hunt Aquilla/Whitney and you were allowed to bait there.

Comment

Carbon footprint at Cooper is far greater than I've ever seen. Probably due to COVID and probably responsible for the lack of deer sightings. I found cut fences, foot bridges and folks riding dirt bikes on the unit

Comment

Working...
                                X