Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the Area

Thank goodness I found this thread. All y'all seem to be a good bunch of guys. I just started hunting COE land about a week ago and also new to bow hunting. If I run into any of y'all while your hunting I promise I didn't mean to. For me, I have decided I hunt where the trucks arent...lol. I don't want to mess anybody up while their hunting. I have found a couple really good places where I have jumped deer or had too far of a shot and doesn't seem that it's too heavy of an area. Also if you ever see my truck out there and need help, I'm here. I drive a F150 white painted with green and it says J. Davis Tree Care.

Comment

Originally posted by TxnRunner View Post
      It's just a personal goal. I'm ready to put a buck on the wall and he's gonna be a mature animal preferably with a big rack. Not trying set the standard for anyone else, I just know what I want and I ain't burning a tag til I get it.
      Its just its getting late in season! Man my pride went out the window a week ago. Its a legal buck im drawing on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny quest View Post
        Its just its getting late in season! Man my pride went out the window a week ago. Its a legal buck im drawing on it.
        Ditto! lol

Comment

Hunting Tomorrow

Well finally have two days off in a row and will be hunting for the first time out at Lake Whitney tomorrow. Anyone else planning on going out tomorrow?

Dave R.

Comment

I was out this evening, but probably won't be back until the weekend. Thinking of trying a small campsite I found out there and staying the weekend.

Comment

Arborist did you see anything?

Comment

3, 1 buck and 2 doe. None within my shot range though.

Comment

That's still good, at least you saw something. Was the buck decent?

Comment

Yeah, it was. I've seen it a couple times now and can never be in right spot... A wall hanger if I can get him.

Comment

Be out in the morning with a buddy doing some still hunting and checking my old spots a bit. Plan to be out there in 2 weeks for a few days. How many of y’all like to still hunt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I grew up still hunting in West Virginia, but it just seemed easier there because there was much more of an abundance of deer. I've never really tried it here in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Arborist37 View Post
                          I grew up still hunting in West Virginia, but it just seemed easier there because there was much more of an abundance of deer. I've never really tried it here in Texas.

Even though it has yet to be fruitful for me, I have still hunted a handful of times. I have always enjoyed it, as I just enjoy moving around. My lease is not a good place to still hunt, too small, not very diverse terrain, no bedding areas etc. hopefully the wind is blowing good tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hopefully you get one tomorrow during your still hunt, or if you are at the same place I am hopefully you push one my way haha.

Dave R.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny quest View Post
                              Seriously it ain't a pride issue, I'd be happy to shoot this buck and I know how hard it is just to come by any deer out here, but im not hungry, ive got venison in the freezer, and I have a goal set that I won't compromise. Y'all go get you one! I'll be happy for ya. I'll be back on Wednesday. I think I'm probably gonna stick with this spot til season ends. I have a good feeling about it.

Comment

I have still hunted a bunch and been good at getting hogs in spring. No luck with deer get with in range but they know I'm there and are spooked and watchful. Think I might start trying to use a good camera instead of my bow. I only do this though when no trucks are in parking area and way up in were I have not seen anyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X