• Show
Clear All

All set up for today's hunt.

Comment

It's slow again this morning.

Comment

Following

Comment

For those out hunting ITS ON just have to be in the right spot!

Comment

I'm on stand after an early morning Duck Hunt. Struggling to stay awake but the midday weather/wind shift and evidence deer are in chasing phase has me optimistic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck TxnRunner. It’s quiet off in these woods.

Comment

Originally posted by hrallen50 View Post
                Good luck TxnRunner. It’s quiet off in these woods.
                It's really quiet over here. Not even the usual squirrels or birds... feels like a perfect evening but I'm beginning to wonder if this might be my first sit of the season without a deer sighting.

Comment

Well that was disappointing... be back at it some time this week I hope.

Comment

Saw a big ol doe this morning. Nothing for evening hunt but an armadillo and at 4:30 a racoon with 5 babies 10 yards or less in front of my blind for ten minutes. Then wind shifted again. She raised up and was sniffing the air but didn't see me. Then they ran off. I have never seen coons come out in broad daylight like that. Always after it starts getting dark. Maybe she was anxious to feed all those mouths.

Comment

She might have been disturbed somehow. Or was looking for a new home. Could have been sick too. Skunks won't daylight unless they are rabid.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

And glad she didn't see ya. Or you might have had a playmate in your lap.

Comment

Is there anywhere to camp at Aquilla or is it pretty much just Whitney?

Comment

No campgrounds or camping allowed at Aquilla. You are allowed to fish all night.

Comment

Good Afternoon fellow Bowhunters!

I went out to Aquilla Saturday morning but it was super slow. Went to whitney for the afternoon and saw 6 doe. Had 3 at 28 yards. Gonna give her hell this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                                No campgrounds or camping allowed at Aquilla. You are allowed to fish all night.

Roger that. Do you know anything about the campgrounds at Lake Whitney? I was on the website but all of the campgrounds I was reading about said they are closed after 30 September.

Comment

Working...
                                X