Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temps were about the same as right now too.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Then my mistake for not being out there right now. Lesson learned and I enjoy the feedback as always.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Six-Four View Post
        Even with this non-stop rain? I was up at 4am reading articles about hunting in the rain. Anybody here ever have luck shooting 'em during moderate rainfall?
        I've had good luck hunting in moderate rain like today. I've also had good success hunting between showers. I discovered I needed to be in the stand when the rain stopped or they would have come and gone before I got there.

My only concern with hunting during or right after a rain is tracking. Blood can be washed away rather fast and make it harder to track.

Comment

Originally posted by coop View Post
          I've had good luck hunting in moderate rain like today. I've also had good success hunting between showers. I discovered I needed to be in the stand when the rain stopped or they would have come and gone before I got there.

My only concern with hunting during or right after a rain is tracking. Blood can be washed away rather fast and make it harder to track.
          this^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Super Six-Four View Post
            Then my mistake for not being out there right now. Lesson learned and I enjoy the feedback as always.
            Don't wax your bow string until dry. Or it will rot

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
              Go get ya another storm. I switched up to private land. Daughter shot her first deer at the property I hunt this past Sunday.
              I wondered where you went to, there absent been many out in our areas.

Comment

Plan is to hunt Saturday out of Kimble Bend, stay in the stand all day unless I turtle-head. Good luck guys, wind out of the south.

Comment

All day sit for me tomorrow. Haven't been there since Sunday before last. Hopefully the rest has been good, only downside is that I haven't had corn out in as long.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck to you guys this weekend , im gonna try to br out there on saturday but i have alot of things to take care of.

Comment

Did anybody get out yesterday or today? I'll be out tomorrow hoping to catch some good action on the tail end of this cold front.

Comment

Sitting in a tree stand at lake Whitney. Sure feels right this evening. Maybe I'll get lucky and have one walk by me.

Comment

On stand since 2:30 my plans for getting here in the morning were thwarted by my incompetent employees. Saw the tall narrow 8 again but that's been all so far. Not bad for no corn on 2 weeks. Someone drug one out today, there was a blood trail all the way down the main trail from the gate, prolly could be followed it right to their stand.

Comment

The deer are moving on my first sit of the year at Whitney.

Comment

No luck this evening...

Comment

Hunted in the rain the other day and saw a shooter. Wouldn’t come in bow range also saw a couple doe. Hunted yesterday and saw one yearling. I have only been hunting week days. How crazy does it get out there on the weekend. Thinking about making a trip in the morning. Also saw a red tundra yesterday with a tbh sticker was that any of y’all.

Comment

Working...
                                X