No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friend was on stand this evening. Said a buck with one side broken off walked thru and appeared to be in pretty rough shape. He wasn't able to get a shot on him, and presumed it had been hit by a car (he wanted to put it down, but wasn't eager to tag and take a banged up deer). He found the deer after dark when he got off stand and it had expired and been nearly completely devoured by coyotes.

Comment

wow crazy

Comment

****!!

Comment

In a stand this morning. Saw a doe bedded down on my way in. Then saw her again closer to stand. Watching I guess. Then heard her snort a few times later on. Then saw her cross behind the trees where corn is at. Spot hasn't been baited in a few weeks.

Comment

That’s crazy can’t believe the coyotes found the deer that fast. Unless they were already stocking him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad2TheBone View Post
              That’s crazy can’t believe the coyotes found the deer that fast. Unless they were already stocking him.
              I'm guessing they were stalking him already. They had probably jumped him from a bed. My buddy was on my stand which is close to some real thick cover the bucks bed in, and I see a lot of coyote activity in the area.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

If he would of flung a arrow at that buck he might of had some competition for the meat! Haha

Comment

If he would of flung a arrow at that buck he might of had some competition for the meat! Haha
                  Think he'd have been happy to let the dogs eat it. Ive tried to clean car hit deer and it aint pretty unless its a direct head it. He said it was a small body deer with a basket rack, but 5 on the one remaining side. Disappointing because I haven't seen a main frame 10 yet in my area. All 8's with extras. Would've be been nice to have him around in a couple years.

Comment

Awesome morning so far! Had 11 does come in at sunrise. Watched them feed for a hour and finally had one of the bigger ones walk in my shooting lane. Looked like a good shot placement but I’m not sure. But looked like I didn’t get a complete pass thru. Gunna give it a hour then get down and check for blood. Stay tuned.

Comment

Awesome morning so far! Had 11 does come in at sunrise. Watched them feed for a hour and finally had one of the bigger ones walk in my shooting lane. Looked like a good shot placement but I’m not sure. But looked like I didn’t get a complete pass thru. Gunna give it a hour then get down and check for blood. Stay tuned.
                      Good luck on recovery brother! Tuned in for LDPs.

Comment

Good deal B2B! Good luck with recovery, I'd offer a hand, but work won't let me get away today. Keep us posted.

Comment

Found her gut shot her though. Now the fun begins

Comment

Found her gut shot her though. Now the fun begins
                            Congrats man, get that nasty s*** out of her. I don't think I said anything about where I shot my Doe, but I got awfully lucky and caught a major artery otherwise it would have been a total loss and a wounded deer.

Comment

LDPS!

Comment

Congrats on the meat!

Comment

Working...
                                X