Laguna Atascosa 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bryan2014 View Post
    Anyone get a picture of the board yesterday?
    Unfortunately I did not need to go to the check station so I didn't. I took a shot at a doe yesterday afternoon and missed. Mid day sure has been slow. Much more windy today also.

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171125_131748454.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	24519685

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Gemini2759, do you have an estimate on numbers of hunters that have shown for this hunt? Any overcrowding of any particular units?

Comment

Originally posted by calfroper_06 View Post
          Gemini2759, do you have an estimate on numbers of hunters that have shown for this hunt? Any overcrowding of any particular units?
          Way too many in 8. I moved out of there. Since the Tpwd took over, I've got people all over my spots. Before I maybe had one passerby all hunt. This morning I was hearing a coughing attack at 8 am about 150 yards south. Nobody has ever bee that close to me This sucks. Im sitting somewhere else today.

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
            Way too many in 8. I moved out of there. Since the Tpwd took over, I've got people all over my spots. Before I maybe had one passerby all hunt. This morning I was hearing a coughing attack at 8 am about 150 yards south. Nobody has ever bee that close to me This sucks. Im sitting somewhere else today.

Lol I heard the same thing at 8am. He was putting up hos pop up
            as well. Then decided to move it about 60 behind me. No clue I was there. I moved later am and went fishing. Be back before sun up. Heard there might be rain tomorrow.

Comment

Whitetail moving this am

Comment

I checked the board a little bit ago, only one hog added since last time. There was a nine pointer brought in at the end of last hunt though.

Comment

Seeing any nilgai?

Has anyone seen the noted fallows that were suppose to be around?

Comment

[ATTACH]884756[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by PBUCKSHOT View Post
                      [ATTACH]884756[/ATTACH]
                      They’re still out there. Stepped on a baby and found a nest/den with 7 total small ones around it. Actually found Two dens

Comment

Supposedly, a fallow seen yesterday morning near first gate in 8.

Comment

Deer were out today. I made a bad shot on an old spike this.am No recovery. Two does, 6 pointer, 10 pointer and a toad also seen. No shots on those.

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                            Deer were out today. I made a bad shot on an old spike this.am No recovery. Two does, 6 pointer, 10 pointer and a toad also seen. No shots on those.

Tough luck man. No Nilgai movement today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was told hunter count was 137 when we took orientation. Been slow going for my group of 4. I shot big hog, only went 10 yards. Buddy took a long shot at Nilgai cow on a flat and missed. No other shot opportunities yet.

Comment

One day left for archery season #2 so reports and pics of harvest board at end would be appreciated. This thread has been great as I'm heading down Thursday for the 3rd archery season (exotic only) and my first hunt at LA.

A question that I haven't seen yet on the Laguna Atascosa-related forums; are we allowed to carry a concealed handgun provided we have a TX handgun license? When I DIY solo backpack hunt the western states with stick and string, I like to have a little more protection from potential 4-legged predators. Or perhaps at LA this is not needed and a waste of ounces while biking/hunting?

Comment

Working...
                                X