Laguna Atascosa 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
    I have seen a bunch. 37 Friday, 22 yesterday, 18 today. Most are the same ones but several new bulls today. Saw a monster bull this morning. Got to 200 yards and that’s it

Here’s that big bull. Pic thru my Binos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here’s that big bull. Pic thru my Binos.

Wow, that looks massive! You hunting Monday and Tuesday?

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang that's a big boy right there. It's crazy how everyone was ****** off that the refuge had culled the herd. Looks like there's chingos of them out there.

Comment

Sweet!!!!

Comment

I have seen a bunch. 37 Friday, 22 yesterday, 18 today. Most are the same ones but several new bulls today. Saw a monster bull this morning. Got to 200 yards and that’s it
            37 wow...sounds fun

Comment

Originally posted by frh290 View Post
              This was the board at around 11.

Wow. Where's all the deer and pigs? No fallow?

Comment

Congrats man. Passed on 4 does this evening at 22 yards. Had a huge cow at 35-40 but couldn’t get a clear shot.

I feel your pain on the bike miles. My hunting spot is 4.8 miles from where I park. 3.4 if that is riding. Rest is walking
                That's a hike maybe I should start riding a bike to get my butt in shape for rifle hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Stout0811 View Post
                  That's a hike maybe I should start riding a bike to get my butt in shape for rifle hunt.
                  Yea it won’t hurt. I was cramping like crazy after day one. If I had a rifle hunt here I’d be going home after the first day.

Comment

We're in unit 5. Been seeing nilgai everyday(none yet today). Shot a doe Saturday but couldn't find any sign of her. If this was a rifle hunt, I'd have several nilgai already.

Can't get much of anything in range. The doe is the only whitetail I've even seen.

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                      Wow. Where's all the deer and pigs? No fallow?
                      Neal Guy? I like how they spell that. Lol

Comment

How's the cell service in the field? I have Verizon

Comment

Originally posted by Yakinthebox View Post
                          Neal Guy? I like how they spell that. Lol
                          Yeah when I read that out loud at the check station that guy who wrote it just grinned lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

We're in unit 5. Been seeing nilgai everyday(none yet today). Shot a doe Saturday but couldn't find any sign of her. If this was a rifle hunt, I'd have several nilgai already.

Can't get much of anything in range. The doe is the only whitetail I've even seen.
                            Have you hunted in 3 yet? I haven't hunted this place its my first time getting drawn and it was for rifle the last group. This thread is great because the info that you all put on here is good way to scout being so far away.

Comment

How long is the bike ride up there? Looks to me like 6miles after parking. You guys must have prepared for this one. Im good for two. I think haha

Comment

If anyone is looking to part with their set up (ghost blind, aluminum tripod, etc) before they leave send me a PM. I can arrange pick up and payment down there. I got a little busy and didn’t get everything set up as planned. Thanks
                                Last edited by PBUCKSHOT; 11-20-2017, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X