No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Between 180-190. Unit 1 is packed. Too many hunters there.

Comment

1 and 6 show they're not opened for hunting but it sounds like that's not correct. Are they indeed open?
      Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by BigLig View Post
        1 and 6 show they're not opened for hunting but it sounds like that's not correct. Are they indeed open?
        Yes both are open.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Good luck today!

Comment

Originally posted by BigLig View Post
            They're open for archery, but not for rifle hunts.

Comment

Agreed!! We moved to unit 8 this morning. Anyone think they would respond to rattling yet? On the December hunt last year I rattled in a little buck but my understanding is that now is to early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Agreed!!!!X2 Overcrowded in unit 1. Every hunt I've had encounters with other hunters, either already there, walked up on or within sight. Both spots I killed bucks in last year were being hunted, even had a pair of guys consciously hunt within 80 yards insight of me AFTER I made myself aware to them after not being able to take another minute of their excessive rattling and long grunts symphony!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                  Agreed!!!!X2 Overcrowded in unit 1. Every hunt I've had encounters with other hunters, either already there, walked up on or within sight. Both spots I killed bucks in last year were being hunted, even had a pair of guys consciously hunt within 80 yards insight of me AFTER I made myself aware to them after not being able to take another minute of their excessive rattling and long grunts symphony!

How'd posting all those pics last year and talking about how awesome the hunt was in unit one work out? Lol

Comment

I've hunted this place for many years now and even in mid December, I've never had any luck with rattling or grunting. Now, I have had luck with doe in estrous but not until mid to late December.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
                      How'd posting all those pics last year and talking about how awesome the hunt was in unit one work out? Lol
                      Each hunter I encountered (5) also hunted the 1st archery hunt last year, neither of them recognized me, so my sharing of pics did not affect anyone but you, and evidently you're STILL butthurt about it. Good. Lol!

Carry on, Keyboard warrior nay-saying hater.

Comment

Just saw an email from the refuge. For those hunting beginning Friday, Nov. 24, there will be three orientations on Friday if you cannot make the one on the evening of the 22nd. I emailed back about whether we can set up on Thursday (Thanksgiving) like in the past, but was emailed back "no", only on Wednesday or Friday. I'll be out there Wednesday then setting up. Let's see some more LDPs from the first hunt guys.

Comment

so we will not be able to scout thanksgiving day?

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan2014 View Post
                            so we will not be able to scout thanksgiving day?
                            The email I got said "there will be no access to the hunt units on Thursday."

Comment

Laguna hunt

[ATTACH]883785[/ATTACH]

Laguna atascosa doe..62 yard shot, double lung..25 Bike miles and counting..

Comment

Originally posted by erbica0430 View Post
                                [ATTACH]883785[/ATTACH]

Laguna atascosa doe..62 yard shot, double lung..25 Bike miles and counting..
                                Sorry for the sideways pic..

Comment

Working...
                                X