Laguna Atascosa 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
    I had one cow drop dead about 100 yards from me. Moaning, thrashing. Went to investigate and the arrow was in the middle of the side. Not close to the shoulder. She was dead tho.
    Is that the other guys cow? Y'all need to connect if so.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AdventureBoy View Post
      Is that the other guys cow? Y'all need to connect if so.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
      Wasn't this year tho. Ill just shut up. Good luck all.

Comment

Originally posted by TradAg02 View Post
        My rifle permit says that the hunt is Dec 29-31. Does anyone know if the hunt ends at noon or dark on the 31st?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        The way it was when I did the rifle hunt it's noon to dark on the first day and sun up to noon on the third day.

Comment

So how did you get to pick your hunting location? Is it by quadrants or anywere is good? How many hunters showed up?

Hope you find your cow. The updates are suspenseful!

Comment

[QUOTE=stxhunter;12935832]The way it was when I did the rifle hunt it's noon to dark on the first day and sun up to noon on the third day.[/QUOTE

How do most people rifle hunt out there is it more of a spot and stock or just sit and wait?

Comment

Any more updates from day one?

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JackRyan View Post
                I like your ghost blind, have you hunted with it before? Let us know how it goes out there.

Best of luck to you and all the other TBH'ers! Looking forward to some good reports and LDPs!
                Never hunted with it until today. And I didn’t even stay there. Animals were out on the open so I went stalking.

Comment

Originally posted by calfroper_06 View Post
                  So how did you get to pick your hunting location? Is it by quadrants or anywere is good? How many hunters showed up?

Hope you find your cow. The updates are suspenseful!
                  There are units open for hunting right now. 1,2,3,5,6&8 are only open right now Not assigned. First come first served out here.

I learned a lesson today. Animals are way back in there and these Nolgai are very keen to everything. Blew my opportunity today on a massive bull. Always manana.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                    There are units open for hunting right now. 1,2,3,5,6&8 are only open right now Not assigned. First come first served out here.

I learned a lesson today. Animals are way back in there and these Nolgai are very keen to everything. Blew my opportunity today on a massive bull. Always manana.

Pics of today’s hunt.

37 nilgai total today. 14 were bulls. 5 whitetail does.

Part of the herd I tended all day long. Will be back on them in the morning.

Comment

[quote=Stout0811;12936005]
                      Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                      The way it was when I did the rifle hunt it's noon to dark on the first day and sun up to noon on the third day.[/QUOTE

How do most people rifle hunt out there is it more of a spot and stock or just sit and wait?
                      If would’ve had a rifle today, I could had my fair share of nilgai and whitetail. At one point today, I had over 20 all around me. Literally from 12 to 12. All within 400 yards

I assume the rifle hunters just spot and stalk. I know if I get drawn I will be. Theo a rifle on my back, get on my bike and ride off.

Comment

Any numbers on what was taken today?

Comment

I've done the rifle hunt twice. Had the best luck staying on the move.

Comment

Never hunted with it until today. And I didn’t even stay there. Animals were out on the open so I went stalking.
                            Looking at the pic of your ghost blind and you say the doe was watching you I bet if you brushed it in a little she would have never known you were there

Comment

So a stand by hunter could have gotten a unit assigned to them?

Comment

Originally posted by nimrodtracy View Post
                                So a stand by hunter could have gotten a unit assigned to them?

No standby's on this hunt. If you didn't have your name drawn, accept the hunt, and pay for it then you're not going to get to hunt.

Also, there aren't assigned units on this hunt. You scout and hunt wherever you want.

Comment

Working...
                                X