LBJ Grassland 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seminole1990 View Post
    So, total alarm clock fail. Had the volume turned down! Meant for 4am got up at 5:58 in stand at 7:43. Saw one deer a ways off. Still in stand now. Anyone hunting??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yea i am well was i just got back to the truck.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by quickstrike View Post
      Yea i am well was i just got back to the truck.

Saw only one truck at a unit I passed. No others.

Comment

Saw only one truck at a unit I passed. No others.

yea i didnt see any but i am on an out of the way unit.

Comment

Pretty morning

Comment

Not a shooter. Pays to stay late in the AM.

Comment

Any luck this weekend?

Yesterday right before dusk had a hunter walk within a few yards of me before I gave a wave. We chatted for a min. Nice guy.

Tonight had a doe downwind bust me twice in 2 hours, but also had two small bucks walk out on the field in front of me. It was a good day in my book.

Comment

Not a shooter. Pays to stay late in the AM.

Nice! You hang a stand every hunt?

Comment

Nice take XBOW STALKER! I have renewed faith in the quartering to shot!

First time hunting LBJ was yesterday...I got in a tree around 2:45 pm, had a doe on me in range before I was even ready. bummer. A Buck came into view about an hour later, but on my blind side (right). Big body, likely a 3-4 yr old deer...but his rack had barely a point on his right side, and a pretty thick antler on the left which had 3 points. Had to go back and re-read the antler restrictions, and am still not 100% whether I should take him if a next time comes around or wait for big poppa. Good luck to you. Again, fine take on public land!
                  That 'unbranched' antler makes him legal. Sounds like you set up in a good area.

Comment

[quote=Blood Trail;12841903]
                    Originally posted by Froggy View Post

Where I used to hunt before someone in here blabbed their mouths somebody stole my stand. [emoji35]

How do ya'll deal with the Game Wardens who inevidently ask, "where you hunting?" I wanna answer them honestly cuz they're friendly Game Wardens but I'm cautious cuz they're also hunters. I just give a general direction without too much detail and leave it at that.

Comment

[quote=JB3;12852355]
                      Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post

How do ya'll deal with the Game Wardens who inevidently ask, "where you hunting?" I wanna answer them honestly cuz they're friendly Game Wardens but I'm cautious cuz they're also hunters. I just give a general direction without too much detail and leave it at that.
                      Just give an honest answer. Your life might depend on it some day.

Most are pretty thoughtful and courteous of other hunters. And know where they want to hunt anyway. They're not interested in hunting your spot. But if they have to walk the area your in, they can detour they're route so as not to disturb you.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

[quote=Texas Grown;12852853]
                        Originally posted by JB3 View Post

Just give an honest answer. Your life might depend on it some day.

Most are pretty thoughtful and courteous of other hunters. And know where they want to hunt anyway. They're not interested in hunting your spot. But if they have to walk the area your in, they can detour they're route so as not to disturb you.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!
                        There is wisdom in this post.

Comment

Up in stand again today. Two deer were snorting back and forth to my west around 8:30. Wind was blowing away from them so hoping the snorting g wasn't about me. Wind is really picking up. Not sure how much I can handle.

To sit all day or not to sit all day?

Comment

It's about a week too early for an all day sit for me. Good luck brother!

Comment

Came back to vehicle. Hoping wind will die down. Back it by 2 pm. I'm sure the deer waited for me.

Comment

Came back to vehicle. Hoping wind will die down. Back it by 2 pm. I'm sure the deer waited for me.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X