LBJ Grassland 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rich1201 View Post
    Where you scouting with a buddy Sunday afternoon. Saw a similar truck and spoke with the guys for a minute after hanging my stand.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Yes if your the guy carrying the climbing step on your way out that was me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hogman$ View Post
      Yes if your the guy carrying the climbing step on your way out that was me

That was me. Only saw a coyote during that sit unfortunately. Hope your season is going well.

Comment

That was me. Only saw a coyote during that sit unfortunately. Hope your season is going well.

It's looking good but won't make it out there till December some time that'll be my first time during gun season already seems like every unit you drive by there are a few vehicles there last year I hunted for a week strait in about 5 different units saw one vehicle strange

Comment

Originally posted by hogman$ View Post
          It's looking good but won't make it out there till December some time that'll be my first time during gun season already seems like every unit you drive by there are a few vehicles there last year I hunted for a week strait in about 5 different units saw one vehicle strange

I've noticed that as well including people sitting longer it seems. Vehicles are parked out there around noon still. That was my first Sunday evening hunt and I definitely saw a decrease in hunters for that hunt. Need to make it up there for a few weekday hunts. I hear the pressure is a lot less.

Comment

I've noticed that as well including people sitting longer it seems. Vehicles are parked out there around noon still. That was my first Sunday evening hunt and I definitely saw a decrease in hunters for that hunt. Need to make it up there for a few weekday hunts. I hear the pressure is a lot less.

Yes week days are better for me to definitely

Comment

LBJ Grassland 2017

Anyone use the app “hunt stand”? I have been using it on my lease, it’s pretty cool. Downloads weather info and show scent cones and duck landing zones as well as other hunting weather info. I was able to trace and mark most of the LBJ hunting units just by looking at the map picture, then drawing the lines. It also lets you click on a piece of property, and it tells you the owner of the property so that’s how I confirmed it. This way I can see all the LBJ property boundaries from an aerial view. It also has lots of markers you can drop for stands, sightings, cameras etc.

Last edited by Jeremy7306; 10-18-2017, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Jeremey that map does not look accurate from what I'm looking at it is missing a whole unit in this picture

Comment

I've always wanted to hunt that unit (outlined in red). The only time I tried, there were 3-4 trucks in the parking lot so I turned around. There's a feeder on the private land southeast corner...

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                    I've always wanted to hunt that unit (outlined in red). The only time I tried, there were 3-4 trucks in the parking lot so I turned around. There's a feeder on the private land southeast corner...

I’ve never been to that unit, or anywhere around it. I was just giving y’all an example, trying to help some fellow Bowhunters in their adventures.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

There was a droptine buck killed in the privite land to the south of the red unit. Guy said he always gets a couple of pic on camera of guys in orange on his place lol

Comment

I know both of those units quite well. 55 and 57. There is another small unit that is not outlined that holds some pretty good deer also.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                            I know both of those units quite well. 55 and 57. There is another small unit that is not outlined that holds some pretty good deer also.

I haven’t mapped out all of the units yet, just about 3/4 of them. Hopefully soon I can get out there and put boots on some of these units

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                              I hunted it a few years ago, got to watch an airshow put on by a biplane and a single prop with smoke canisters...buzzed over us over and over and over...didn't see a deer either 2 days out there.

Comment

I've always worried that if I did shoot something on that unit, they'd jump onto private. That patch of timber doesn't look to be very large.

Comment

Working...
                                X