Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

SHNF 17-18 ( the real deal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well here it goes, take it easy on me guys....

Well earlier in the week I invited a very good friend to go hunting with me. Then he texted me what he needed (as in licenses) I told him 1. Get your license 2. AHP 3. Pay $10 hunters saftey, I get a call Friday afternoon, he's at Academy, I remind him of what he needs, we'll Saturday morning at 4:30, I say you got the your climber he says yeah, it's a hang on stand with no sticks (no wonder he got a good deal). I take my pop up not ideal but we'll manage, we leave my house, and they want food so we stop ( I fast while hunting) passing up Conroe I say yall got yall licenses taken care of, he said "yes but they didn't ask me about the $10 thing" I'm like crap so we stop at Conroe Walmart to buy it, and of coarse they don't have anyone to do it at the time, we have to wait till 7AM, now I'm pist but still hold my composure. We wait till 7 and get it done, we leave and hit the woods and settle in at about 9:30, not even 30 min and they are giggling like school girls, I text them to cut it out and they say it's not them. "They heard hog" and that was the noise, so at 11 I decided on getting out and moving all together, we get out and snack at the truck (they eat all my jerky).......... we get to the new spot and get settled in at about 2pm and sit............ and the giggling starts over again I've about had it when some guy comes in with buckets and fills them up in the pond behind where we were hunting, so at that point I call it a day........... looooooooooooooooong ride home and I'm pist, but happy to be home with my family..... Lesson learned DON'T INVITE NEW GUYS AGAIN!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Harry; 11-19-2017, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Pretty funny story Harry. I don't actually take new guys hunting, but I do help them find an area to hunt. It's all up to them after that.

Comment

Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
        Pretty funny story Harry. I don't actually take new guys hunting, but I do help them find an area to hunt. It's all up to them after that.
        One of them is family, he was the only one I could get out in the forest last year at 5 in the morning with a tow truck, while it was pouring hard rain, was the least I could do

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
          One of them is family, he was the only one I could get out in the forest last year at 5 in the morning with a tow truck, while it was pouring hard rain, was the least I could do
          That’s understandable, but I am wondering about the guys with the buckets? You think he may be baiting/ watering his stuff he’s planted or drugs . Huh

Comment

^^^^ not sure it was weird for sure

Comment

LOL That sucks.

Comment

Got out on the bay today and put a beat down on the trout. Probably caught 50 or 60 trout by 1:00. A good day on the water
                Last edited by kevin nicholls; 04-10-2019, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Nice Kevin

Comment

Good job Kevin!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Did anyone happen to find a Garmin 64st GPS off of FS204 towards the end of it on Monday? I lost mine right where I parked. A few people and a good friend went to go look and didn't see it... this tells me someone found it and picked it up. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Nice haul Kevin!

Hope ya find it Tman.

Comment

Good Luck Tman , unfortunately there are a lot of POS that hunt public land.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all my huntin buddies. I hope you guys have a good one. We all have a lot to be thankful for when you take a good look at it. I know I do.

Comment

Happy thanksgiving to all you nuts.

Comment

The most important thing to be thankful for is Jesus, he payed the ultimate price for sinners like me I'm so thankful for him!!!!!!!!!!! Safe hunting and Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X