SHNF 17-18 ( the real deal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChiefWhackABuck View Post
    Solid piggy. How far did it make it after the shot?

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
    She started trotting so I shot her again a half second later. I can run through a lot of ammo with the AR [emoji12]

Answer being not far at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
      ****, That was the last doe in the Sam! I guess I'm squirrel and hog hunting the rest of the year.
      I'm right with you . It's time to start squirrel hunting. I've heard there are a few of them left.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
        Not knocking it. And congrats on the kill. Just saying in general, would be nice if there were more solid bucks as supposed to 110” deer being good deer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Well then you'd have every weekend warrior member of the pumping patch brigade from Houston and the entire surrounding area hunting out there. I mean if 130 - 140" deer were so common and easy to kill who would need/pay for a lease?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
          Well then you'd have every weekend warrior member of the pumping patch brigade from Houston and the entire surrounding area hunting out there. I mean if 130 - 140" deer were so common and easy to kill who would need/pay for a lease?

Didn’t say easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
            Welcome to the Joys of hunting public land
            I went to one of my usuals and seen seine had nailed wood stands to the trees in that area

Comment

Yeah, I'm guessing most the newbies in the Sam will not even see a deer this year. That's why most don't even last a year. They all think it's easy!?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                I went to one of my usuals and seen seine had nailed wood stands to the trees in that area
                When I find permanent stands I do my best to disable them.

Does anyone have the local game wardens # this year . It still wouldn't hurt to notify them.

Comment

Well, Who's all hunting the Sam this weekend?

Comment

The better question is who is hunting this cool weather today

Comment

Not me unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Agsfight View Post
                        How bad are the mosquitos? I have not been out yet. Thinking about going Wednesday
                        Between the skeeters and poison ivy, it was a war zone out there last week.

Comment

Its still hard to get those East Texas hunters out of the "Its brown its down" mentality. I know, they are my family. Good luck passing on a decent buck and ever seeing it again. Not saying it doesn't happen, but most of the time, I see a buck, I never see it again. Does', yes, they will hang around. Those bucks are moving and hiding.

Comment

Long time listener, first time caller...

For you guys running trail cameras that don't mind sharing, have yall seen much daytime action yet the last few weeks now that a couple cool fronts have come through or is everything still nocturnal?

I've got some good steady game tracks on the creek bottom I've been hunting with acorns starting to fall but work kept me too busy to get any decent scouting in. Best of luck to yall, another temp drop coming on Sun/Mon.

Kevin

Comment

Welcome Kevin. I don’t use cameras in the forest but your first line made me laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by TexZ View Post
                                Long time listener, first time caller...

For you guys running trail cameras that don't mind sharing, have yall seen much daytime action yet the last few weeks now that a couple cool fronts have come through or is everything still nocturnal?

I've got some good steady game tracks on the creek bottom I've been hunting with acorns starting to fall but work kept me too busy to get any decent scouting in. Best of luck to yall, another temp drop coming on Sun/Mon.

Kevin
                                You will just have to put your time in. I have had deer on me within a minute of setting up or I have had to sit for days even weeks and see nothing. You will find deer there one day and it seems they never come back. It is the most challenging hunting you will ever do. If you have acorns, they will hit those. When the rut starts, an area can go from nothing to every deer in the forest is going by you.

I think TP&W has numbered them 1-5.

Comment

Working...
                                X