No announcement yet.

SHNF 17-18 ( the real deal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, sat this morning and had two pigs walk in front of me, almost thwacked one then decided against it. At about 8 two hunters came crashing through the brush chopping away with their brush cutters. Needless to say that was all I saw after that.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DeerBySchultz View Post
      130? That's a tough one for shnf

Seriously?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
        Man I’d like the width but my God his tines are short.... if this is a “great” deer for the Sam then I’ll drop him. But geeze I was hoping to see 130’s to 140’s.

LOL This is east TX public land you're talking about. They're there but few and far between. Heck I'd love to kill a 140 on my deer lease.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWhackABuck View Post
          Well, sat this morning and had two pigs walk in front of me, almost thwacked one then decided against it. At about 8 two hunters came crashing through the brush chopping away with their brush cutters. Needless to say that was all I saw after that.

Welcome to the Joys of hunting public land

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
            Welcome to the Joys of hunting public land
            I know, guess I'm pushing another mile in if that spot allows

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWhackABuck View Post

Well that's why I have about three back up area's to hunt at all times!

Comment

Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
                Well that's why I have about three back up area's to hunt at all times!
                I have them as well. But makes for a long walk since my shortest spot from the road is like 2+miles in

Comment

Seriously?

Yep. Seriously. I got one at 110” and one 108” from the Sam. Only seen or heard of a handful bigger than that. It’s cuz of people like me that shoot deer like that; that’s the reason there aren’t many big ones.

Comment

Man I’d like the width but my God his tines are short.... if this is a “great” deer for the Sam then I’ll drop him. But geeze I was hoping to see 130’s to 140’s.

That is not a "great" deer for the Sam. If you hold off a year he will be much bigger. He is showing amazing potential.

If he is that far back in there odds are he will make it to next year.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
                      That is not a "great" deer for the Sam. If you hold off a year he will be much bigger. He is showing amazing potential.

If he is that far back in there odds are he will make it to next year.

That what’s a great deer for Sam?

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                        Yep. Seriously. I got one at 110” and one 108” from the Sam. Only seen or heard of a handful bigger than that. It’s cuz of people like me that shoot deer like that; that’s the reason there aren’t many big ones.
                        Not judging, but this.

Comment

Originally posted by dapperdan View Post
                          that what’s a great deer for sam?

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
                          130-145

Comment

SHNF 17-18 ( the real deal)

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
                            130-145

Kinda what I was hoping to find. Guess NF maybe a handful get shot every year in that size

Comment

To be clear, both of mine were mature. So if anything it helped the heard. But there’s lots shooting 2-3 year olds.

Comment

Kinda what I was hoping to find. Guess NF maybe a handful get shot every year in that size

I don't want to draw all kinds of attention to big bucks that get shot out there. My buddy is a Lake Constable and works with the GW's some. I see pics.

I'd give that buck in your pic another year. He will be a stud next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X