No announcement yet.

SHNF 17-18 ( the real deal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know what ya mean about the bright light, do you climb with a light on?

Comment

Originally posted by forest-hunter View Post
      I know what ya mean about the bright light, do you climb with a light on?
      No sir. White light till I get close to my tree and then red light until I get my feet strapped in to the bottom part of my climber. Then no more lights.

Comment

i might have to get a red light that seems discreet. Skeeters found me about to head net those bad boys lol. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
          No sir. White light till I get close to my tree and then red light until I get my feet strapped in to the bottom part of my climber. Then no more lights.
          White light at the truck, high green light walking in, low green light near the stand. After 10' up, no light.

Comment

i might have to get a red light that seems discreet. Skeeters found me about to head net those bad boys lol. Good luck
            I thought everyone carries thermocell these days?

Comment

Not me I'd be surprised if anything would stop them down by the creek they are intense, but army pants long shirt and a head net helps a lot. Never tried thermocell

Comment

Not me I'd be surprised if anything would stop them down by the creek they are intense, but army pants long shirt and a head net helps a lot. Never tried thermocell
                Seriously forest hunter! You HAVE to go buy a thermocell AND holder right now. Most people pay $149.99 for this advice and I am giving it to your for free.

Comment

Lol! Thanks I will try it out

Comment

So I've got an idea I was thinking of trying and I wanted to see what yalls thoughts on it were. So yesterday got to my spot around 3ish, was going to where I'd set up my stand, and about 25 yards from my tree I jumped a bedded deer. My thought was maybe if I headed in mid to late morning I could be there in the stand when that deer moves through to bed down. Good or bad idea?

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
                      Seriously forest hunter! You HAVE to go buy a thermocell AND holder right now. Most people pay $149.99 for this advice and I am giving it to your for free.
                      Lol!!^^^

And yes chief. Good idea

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                        Lol!!^^^

And yes chief. Good idea
                        Okay, just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy. One has to figure these deer probably key in on when most hunters leave and move after, which is why I thought of trying what I mentioned

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Comment

Thought I'd see some LDP's by now

Comment

Harry how can there be LDP's when there are no deer in the Sam.

Comment

With all these new and seasoned hunters there should be pictures flooding the green screen.

Comment

Let me preface this by saying IT WAS NOT A SHNF DEER...but I did smoke a pretty nice doe this morning. 120 lbs. on the hoof, so I was stoked because I have been out of venison for a little while now.

Oh, and it's MLDP so I fed her a lead sammich.

Comment

Working...
                                X