SHNF 17-18 ( the real deal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roostar14 View Post
    Thats how i feel. This year i been blessed to go on a few axis hunts and get my meat fillers then. I hunt the sam for big bucks. Takes more skill and effort. Makes the hunt real..... This year i have decided to leave the sam and dedicate my time to Davey nf. Some big big deer up there in my cams. Cant wait for opener!

Man I used to live there. I stumbled across a rub line once that had scrapes as big as the hood of my truck and every tree smaller than a coke bottle shredded for 40 yards. Only got to hunt it twice. Was the most activity I've ever seen in one spot by deer. Wish I'd had a game cam. Some dadgum bruisers in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I wish I could scout more

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
        Sarcasm?

No sarcasm at all that's an awesome pic and he's a beast those antlers have some mass to them great pic and thanks for sharing I have a big boy on camera too but I check my cards in the field and put them back in, and didn't take any pictures of my pictures lol. Seriously nice big buck and a big body.
        Last edited by forest-hunter; 08-24-2017, 02:23 PM.

Comment

We are kind on this thread and I've been hunting the Sam for two seasons pretty seriously and I'm probably the least seasoned one on here, but no sarcasm man welcome to the thread, it's mostly just like minded people passionate about hunting the Sam

Comment

Originally posted by forest-hunter View Post
            We are kind on this thread and I've been hunting the Sam for two seasons pretty seriously and I'm probably the least seasoned one on here, but no sarcasm man welcome to the thread, it's mostly just like minded people passionate about hunting the Sam
            I'd say you're more seasoned than me, but at any rate, those of you near the coast, best of luck riding out this storm.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Comment

No sarcasm at all that's an awesome pic and he's a beast those antlers have some mass to them great pic and thanks for sharing I have a big boy on camera too but I check my cards in the field and put them back in, and didn't take any pictures of my pictures lol. Seriously nice big buck and a big body.

I thought you were being sarcastic in a funny way. Lol

Comment

SHNF 17-18 ( the real deal)

Sounds good! Just looking for advice on what to shoot and what to pass. Debating on putting a stand up of some sort. Any suggestions?

Comment

I would shoot that buck for sure. As far as a stand I like being elevated and have always used a climber but this year I want to try a lock on with climbing sticks also, to be quieter coming and going and not have to pack it in and out every hunt.

Comment

I would shoot that buck for sure. As far as a stand I like being elevated and have always used a climber but this year I want to try a lock on with climbing sticks also, to be quieter coming and going and not have to pack it in and out every hunt.

That's kinda what I was thinking.

Comment

Keep in mind you can't leave a stand over a couple nights. Also, there is a good chance it will get missing.

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
                        Keep in mind you can't leave a stand over a couple nights. Also, there is a good chance it will get missing.

That is true

Comment

I've tried both climbers and lock on's, and for me climbers worked better. I can get higher and do it quiter than a lock on. I went to an aluminum climber a few years ago over a steel and I'll never go back.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                            I've tried both climbers and lock on's, and for me climbers worked better. I can get higher and do it quiter than a lock on. I went to an aluminum climber a few years ago over a steel and I'll never go back.
                            Yup. Huntinfool turned me on to the Summit Razor, which I highly recommend. The climbing bar/seat in front can be folded completely out of your way (not shown) if you're bowhunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                              Yup. Huntinfool turned me on to the Summit Razor, which I highly recommend. The climbing bar/seat in front can be folded completely out of your way (not shown) if you're bowhunting.

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/produ...elated%20Items

$329 is too steep for me for a climber. I'll settle for a good ole ground blind brushed in like a fort!

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                                $329 is too steep for me for a climber. I'll settle for a good ole ground blind brushed in like a fort!

Then find something else. Hunting from the ground is going to be tough.

Comment

Working...
                                X