Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on a fine deer Lee.

Comment

We got back from Dallas last night. It was the last trip before Trisha becomes an A+ (top of the transplant list) in two weeks. All the scans were cancer free. They hope to get her a new liver in three to four weeks. It's been a long five years but we can see the finish line finally. Thanks again for all the prayers. I'll let y'all know how it goes from here. It's been a true miracle what God has done for her.

Comment

Awesome news Kevin!! And thanks again for the euro lead but I found someone to do it for $50. Thanks to you too Bryant.

Comment

Good to hear Kevin

Comment

That’s great news, Kevin.

Comment

Great news Kevin! Lee no problem, I've got to boil one skull so far after season.

Comment

So yesterday I was de-boning my buck and finally found my missing fletching and why my broadhead was so tore up. Went through the thickest part of his shoulder blade. And the last pic.....well you know...backstrap, it's whats for supper.
                Attached Files

Comment

Awesome Lee Congratulations!

Comment

Got charged by a big boar in the forest this evening, managed to bring him down with my 223 break barrel though. Just got back home, more info in a bit I'm blasted.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm in for the story Chief!

Comment

Lee the back straps looked awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
                          I'm in for the story Chief!
                          Sorry for the long wait, but here is the story cut and dry. I was walking out in the forest to see what I could run into, mainly just to burn some time and get some exercise, so I brought my trusty little 223 break barrel. So I'm about a mile, mile and a quarter in, and I hear some brush breaking kind of faintly. I stopped and listened, and it got louder and louder. Then about 35 yards away the big boar, by himself, steps out into a clear lane and looks at me. He lets out a big snort, squeals and charges at me full on. I bring up my gun and cock the hammer back, he's 20 yards and closing. Click my safety off and look down the scope and he's 10 yards away. Bam, I pulled the trigger. The pig keeps running, but he is staggering to the side and he flies by me. He charges into a handful of saplings and collides with them, cracking them and sending one crashing to the ground. The boar falls over and starts kicking, gurgling and throwing dust, then he was done. I guessed his weight to be around 225ish, pics aren't great but I'm euro mounting him, he has some nice cutters even though the pics don't show well cause of how dirty they are.

Comment

Nice pig chief! Congrats. I’ve killed a lot of pig in my day but never been chased. Bet that got the heart pumping!

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWhackABuck View Post
                              Sorry for the long wait, but here is the story cut and dry. I was walking out in the forest to see what I could run into, mainly just to burn some time and get some exercise, so I brought my trusty little 223 break barrel. So I'm about a mile, mile and a quarter in, and I hear some brush breaking kind of faintly. I stopped and listened, and it got louder and louder. Then about 35 yards away the big boar, by himself, steps out into a clear lane and looks at me. He lets out a big snort, squeals and charges at me full on. I bring up my gun and cock the hammer back, he's 20 yards and closing. Click my safety off and look down the scope and he's 10 yards away. Bam, I pulled the trigger. The pig keeps running, but he is staggering to the side and he flies by me. He charges into a handful of saplings and collides with them, cracking them and sending one crashing to the ground. The boar falls over and starts kicking, gurgling and throwing dust, then he was done. I guessed his weight to be around 225ish, pics aren't great but I'm euro mounting him, he has some nice cutters even though the pics don't show well cause of how dirty they are.

Wow, that just goes to show that you always gotta be ready in the woods. Glad you were able to react quickly and get him down. Looking forward to seeing the euro mount!

Comment

That's pretty cool Chief. Stand your ground men their fighting back.

Comment

Working...
                                X